ULX

Author Topic: ULX IDEAS BRAINSTORM  (Read 4173 times)

Offline ChaosWolf

• "The Exiled One's" Server Owner
ULX IDEAS BRAINSTORM
« on: August 23, 2014, 04:05:25 AM »
So I found the paper I wrote some ideas down on that I talked about in the other thread. here's what ive got so far.

ULX Reputation

Chat: !Rep <Target> <parameter> <comment> (could include !skarma for silent karma, similar to ulx spectate)
Example: !Rep ChaosWolf 1/-1 Mic Spam

The point of this is to show a player's standing with the server, similar to a warning system, this would have something like a symbol and color marked above their head. which would be great to be configurable as to what colors can be used. kinda like this forums karma system, the better their Reputation the brighter their color and vise versa. you could set up auto Rep in the event a user is banned, kicked, slayn, etc... and an admin tab marking the reason and tracking their Repution, players who are aware of this system would recognize players with bad Rep and avoid them. Admins with higher permissions could be limited to how much Rep they can add/remove and how often and you could even set a number once its reached to automatically Rep-ban.

ULX Show

Chat: !show <target> <specify>
Example: !show * team, !show Chaoswolf private, !show Chaoswolf all (!showall for a quick way to open all chats)

I Came up with this idea when I got tired of looking in my host console to see private messages or team chat. ULX show would be a highly universal admin tool when some knucklehead wants to harass a user in pivate chat, ESPECIALLY useful for admins who cannot view the host console, disallowing access to psay or team chat. you can narrow it down to a specific target, or a group, or open all communication lines. VERY VERY useful I cant believe I haven't thought of this sooner. but here it Is now.

ADDED IDEA 1

ULX Traffic

Chat: !traffic <time>
Example: !traffic 1h (!traffic on its own can give you a general summary.)

menu pops up

Server traffic: within (1) hour
56 users logged on
23 timed out
43 disconnected
13 on server
3 admins logged in
1 on server
126 users today
Ping Average = 93
Server Stress Minimum
Server traffic: low

of course this is just how I envision it, there will need to be a lot of convars and timetables set for it to work like that but you get the gist. just to let you know how busy your server has been in the requested time. you can also set what you consider busy slow or moderate in the config. cause you know your server best.

ULX Setting Ideas

Ping Kicker
Kick player if ping exceeds set amount, helps prevent crashing and lagging when an admin isn't available to mitigate the ping/player ratio. besides, if your batting 1000 on my server and nobody's home I don't want you disrupting the flow and experience of my users anyway. I think this would be a great addition to the Mod, maybe even a timer. For example, if players ping exceeds 500 for 30 seconds kick.

configuration would include timer setting in minutes (0.1, 0.5, 1, 2, etc...)

I can continue to add more stuff as it comes to me, my brain is always popping things up. everything starts out as an idea...

« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 08:03:51 AM by ChaosWolf »
"Someone once told me, scripting lua is like trying to build a rocket ship, once your finished with it and think your done, you start it up only to realize you had just built it upside down." ~Programmer

Offline Neku

Re: ULX IDEAS BRAINSTORM
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 12:36:17 PM »
Karma is an existing feature in TTT.
For a ulx karma released in Stock ULX, it would need to have a different name.
Out of the Garry's Mod business.

Offline ChaosWolf

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 01:44:46 PM »
like I said it's just an idea, and karma in TTT is based on betrayel as an innocent and RDM's. you can rename it however you like. perhaps an alignment scale from lawful good to chaotic evil and everything in between. like black being chaotic and white being lawful grey being neutral and the title can be neutral good and evil

like above my head you might see Good

on a scale based like           Good|----------------o-----------|Evil      I might fall there indicating chaotic good.
there are so many different ways it could be implemented.
"Someone once told me, scripting lua is like trying to build a rocket ship, once your finished with it and think your done, you start it up only to realize you had just built it upside down." ~Programmer

Offline Zmaster

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 01:57:22 PM »
Simple fix :D
Instead of naming it "Karma," name it "Reputation"

I like both of the ideas, really

Offline ChaosWolf

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 07:30:02 PM »
Bump I HAD ANOHER GREAT IDEA.... OHH I LIKE THIS ONE.

Offline ChaosWolf

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 08:04:44 AM »
Added another idea to the list.

Offline frustratedgamers

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 04:49:13 PM »
Would be really nice if there was the ability to have users in multiple usergroups

Offline Neku

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2014, 04:50:14 PM »
Would be really nice if there was the ability to have users in multiple usergroups

How would that even work out?
Out of the Garry's Mod business.

Offline ChaosWolf

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2014, 07:44:56 PM »
I think what frustratedgamers is, adding a user to a group called donator and admin for example.

my solution to that is to set a new group specifically for that person with admin rights and donator privileges, though something like that would be efficient and make it slightly easier to maintain and keep track of. I don't think its necessary, BUT if you would like I can add it to the list and credit you for the idea.

Offline Caustic Soda-Senpai

• <Insert something clever here>
    • Steam Page
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2014, 10:24:53 PM »

my god, you should see how messy mine is...

I got vip, bronze vip, silver vip, gold vip, platinum vip, vip operator, bronze operator, silver operator... well, you get the point.
Once you get to know me, you'll find you'll have never met me at all.

Offline nzkfc

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2014, 01:06:37 AM »
The ability to give players money once they go into a ULX rank (could be expanded out to way more but I hate idea thinking :P)

• Steam Page
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2014, 03:22:20 AM »
The ability to give players money once they go into a ULX rank (could be expanded out to way more but I hate idea thinking :P)

I have written a ULX Command that you can give and take players' money. It's not automatic, but it works.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2014, 07:00:37 AM »
Not every gamemode uses money.
Not every gamemode uses the same variable for money.
Though not a bad idea, it wouldn't really work for ULX directly.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

• Steam Page
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2014, 12:50:32 PM »
I'll rephrase that I've written a ULX Command for DarkRP for money