ULX

Author Topic: ULX Playsound help  (Read 3121 times)

Offline Myriad

ULX Playsound help
« on: August 31, 2014, 01:02:46 PM »
Hello, there. ;D

I have been using ULX for a long time on many servers. It's a great mod and all, and I have pretty much everything figured out except for one command.

Playsound.

Yesterday, I decided I wanted to add some sounds to my server to spice things up a bit. So, I looked up a guide and found one that looked promising. I edited the "download.txt" file so that the connecting client would download "sound/Music" (the folder where all of my sounds are located). After doing this, I started up the server and joined, and the sounds appeared to be downloading. When I was finally in, I went straight to the ULX menu and attempted to play the sounds. In the chat, it said that the sound was playing, but I could not hear anything. I then tried playing the sound in the console using the "play" command, and I was told that the sound didn't exist.

This is probably a really easy fix, and I'm sorry if there are other threads already asking this question, but I couldn't find anything to help me out.

Halp meh, pls.

~Myriad

Offline Neku

Re: ULX Playsound help
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 02:19:51 PM »
Sync your FastDL.
Out of the Garry's Mod business.

Offline Myriad

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 09:56:52 AM »
Sorry, I don't know what that means.

Offline Decicus

• Alex Thomassen
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 10:04:27 AM »
FastDL (or "fast download") is something that allows bandwidth usage to be split between a web server, so that you don't have to download files through the game server itself. Most gameserver hosts have a website or "sv_downloadurl" where your fastdl location is.

Basically you have to make sure that fastdl directory is synchronized with your sounds.

You can read more about fastdl in general here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9717-HMAP-7066
Contact information:
E-mail: alex@thomassen.xyz.
You can also send a PM.