ULX

Author Topic: ulx respawn  (Read 2578 times)

Offline Raiden

ulx respawn
« on: November 10, 2014, 09:07:00 AM »
Hello. I was wondering if Ulysses could make a respawn command standard with ULX. I'm sure the lua would not be very complicated, as I have attempted this before and I could do it. Think about that for a sec ;D
The syntax would be as follows: ulx respawn <player>
Output: <user> has respawned <player>!
I'm sure it would be 1) Easy to make. 2) Useful for gaming servers if you need to do situations with them, and they refuse to respawn. This can force respawn them to start a sit.
Thank you for reading.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: ulx respawn
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 03:33:01 PM »
We're likely not adding it to ulx by itself.
That being said, search for "respawn" from the front page, or while in the developers corner, releases, or suggestions section of the forum.
Many have dicussed code for it in Prop hunt, TTT, and Murder too I believe.
There was even a RELEASE some years ago in our releases section called ULX respawn. But it was moved to the archive after lack of updates/support.
ULib contains some spawn commands, and you're right, anyone else could easily make ulx commands to use them.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Raiden

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 09:16:00 AM »
We're likely not adding it to ulx by itself.
That being said, search for "respawn" from the front page, or while in the developers corner, releases, or suggestions section of the forum.
Many have dicussed code for it in Prop hunt, TTT, and Murder too I believe.
There was even a RELEASE some years ago in our releases section called ULX respawn. But it was moved to the archive after lack of updates/support.
ULib contains some spawn commands, and you're right, anyone else could easily make ulx commands to use them.
Ah, ok. Thanks. Also, your post count. Like, wow :D

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 08:07:14 PM »
And to think, real life has limited me to lurking more the past year.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming