ULX

Author Topic: How to update ULX  (Read 3359 times)

Offline XxLMM13xX

• New to lua development
    • Twitch
How to update ULX
« on: February 19, 2015, 08:58:07 AM »
I looked on the FAQ and its not there ;( i would like to update ULX because I'm outdated ( the ulx return command does not work ) please tell me how i could do this without restarting ULX ( removing groups )

Please include a link to the download of the latest version ( the websites very messy )

Thanks

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
Re: How to update ULX
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 10:57:53 AM »
Updating ulx will not reset your groups and users because they're stored in the data folder, not in the addons folder.

All of the information you need to update is in the faqs. Keep in mind that the latest version is only available on our git page. You'll need to use an svn/git client to download. It just so happens i wrote an faq on how to do that as well.

I'm on my phone right now or i would provide you links, but i promise that everything you need is all readily available and not hard to find if you look.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 07:37:18 PM »
Though the SVN and Git thread MrPresident mentions does indeed give instructions for using Git, I seriously don't think you have enough patience, or perhaps intelligence, to use it.
I can't tell which.
You seem to like to be spoon fed
EVERY
SINGLE
ANSWER
I've stated in plain english several times to you in a few different topics where to find links to download a zip file from our Github page that contains all our latest code.
Within that zip, you would only need ULib and ULX.

I've been patient long enough.
This is the last time I link to where the "click here" latest code link is for you.
http://ulyssesmod.net/downloads.php
The text is plain. Even bolded. "SVN ULib/ULX Beta"

As for resetting groups, the FAQ section is only ~2 pages. Each question is clearly phrased, and the answer is within the topic.
Factory reset is simple to find.

Now, my question to you, and I seriously want to know.
Do you have a learning disability? Low IQ?
If you honestly do, I might be more willing to put up with your incessant repeated questions and blame of US (our forum, code, website, whatever excuse I've seen you use during a time of blame of anyone but yourself)

This isn't me in a bad mood. I'm in a good mood actually or I likely would have banned you already.
This is me telling you to stop expecting hand outs.
Whether my team agrees with me or not, I will ban your ability to post for 6 months and not look back should you ask this question again.

We like helping people.
But we're not payed to do it. This isn't a career for us.
There comes a time when our enjoyment of helping diminishes when it seems we're past a point of being able to help.
For my view, you're long past that point.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline XxLMM13xX

• New to lua development
    • Twitch
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 09:40:05 AM »
Ok i thank you for the response but really? Did you have to be THAT rude? Nevermind that thanks anyways

Offline Bytewave

• Respected Community Member
  • :)
    • My Homepage
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 12:09:02 PM »
Ok i thank you for the response but really? Did you have to be THAT rude? Nevermind that thanks anyways
To be perfectly honest, Jam has a point.
We've pointed you numerous times in the right directions. The Ulysses team has tried to make it nearly 100% foolproof to get ULX/ULib operational, up to date, etcetera. Yet, somehow, you still continue coming back here and asking the same exact questions.
We've tried to help you. Every times you come to us we've tried to show you the way, but you continue to get lost.
bw81@ulysses-forums ~ % whoami
Homepage