ULX

Author Topic: ULX v3.62 and ULib v2.52 -- Inerrans  (Read 11446 times)

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
  • What even IS software anymore?
    • XGUI
ULX v3.62 and ULib v2.52 -- Inerrans
« on: March 09, 2015, 09:53:57 PM »
In light of the recent Garry's Mod update, we've decided to package up our latest bugfixes and put out a new release! This should help get the important fixes and new features out to as many users as possible. Our new release have been codenamed "Inerrans".

So what's new? Along with lots of bugfixes and ideas from our community, We've added a couple new commands: "ulx return" will return a target to their previous position after a teleport, and "ulx stopvote" will stop a vote that's currently in process. Additionally, if you try to run a command with a partial name of a player that matches multiple users, a list of those users will be presented to you to help you find your target.

XGUI's ban menu got an overhaul- ban information is now shown in pages, and we've added better search, filtering, AND sorting options! The ban information is longer downloaded to each admin on join- instead, the ban data is only requested when needed to avoid lag spikes.

Check out the full changelog below:

Quote from: ULib changelog
* [ADD] Admin parameter to ULib.unban for overriding purposes (Thanks for the idea, MStruntze).
* [ADD] A list of players is presented when a target string for getUser matches more than one player (Thanks, RhapsodySL).
* [FIX] ULib.ucl.registerAccess not allowing an access tag to be registered to no groups.
* [FIX] Several incorrect file I/O calls (Thanks, Q4-Bi).
* [FIX] Hook priority being messed up for parent hook when hooks are called recursively (Thanks, NoBrainCZ).
* [FIX] Some fiddly-bits with group case-sensitivity (Thanks, BryanFlannery).
* [CHANGE] hook.Run to match Garry's changes.
* [CHANGE] ULib.HOOK_LOCALPLAYERREADY is now called on InitPostEntity instead of OnEntCreate.

Quote from: ULX changelog
* [ADD] "ulx return" to return target to previous location they were in before a teleport command was used (Thanks for the idea, ludalex).
* [ADD] Networked variables for gimp, mute, and gag (Thanks iSnipeu).
* [ADD] XGUI: Added more sorting and filtering options for bans.
* [ADD] "ulx stopvote" to stop a vote currently in progress (Thanks, LuaTenshi).
* [ADD] XGUI: Added "onClose" event for modules that need it. (Suggested by arduinium).
* [FIX] Ban reason and the person who started the voteban is now reported in "ulx voteban" bans (Thanks iSnipeu).
* [FIX] An API change causing an error to be thrown at the end of "ulx maul" (Thanks Decicus).
* [FIX] NULL entity error after votekick on a player that left the server, now sends message stating that votekicked player already left.
* [FIX] PlayerDeath hook errors in certain gamemodes where invalid entites are sent as the killer or victim. (Thanks Mechanical Mind).
* [FIX] JailTP command now saves last player position, now works with "ulx return". (Thanks jakej78b).
* [FIX] XGUI: Slider label widths were extra large due to a slight change in default numslider behavior. (Thanks Fuzzik).
* [FIX] Garry's Mod update caused users to be banned faster than expected, log then incorrectly stated that (Console) was banned.
* [FIX] Garry's Mod update prevented votebans from working.
* [FIX] Garry's Mod update caused server crash when kicking/banning yourself via chat command.
* [FIX] Bug with spectate and respawning (Thanks Sjokomelk).
* [FIX] Bug when changing weapons while cloaked, weapons would stay invisible after uncloaking. (Thanks Z0mb1n3).
* [FIX] Could not assign BOTs to groups via ulx adduserid or XGUI. (Thanks RhapsodySL).
* [FIX] Fixed bug where XGUI would not start on dev branch of Garry's Mod. Changed to init on ULib.HOOK_LOCALPLAYERREADY instead of ULib.HOOK_UCLAUTH.
* [FIX] MOTD not enabled message would display for all players instead of the player who tried to open the motd. (Thanks TheClonker).
* [CHANGE] "PlayerSay" hooks are now only called serverside. (Thanks NoBrainCZ).
* [CHANGE] Logging now prints how long a user took to join the server.
* [CHANGE] XGUI: Updated cvarlist for sandbox and wiremod limits.
* [CHANGE] XGUI: Many Ban menu improvements. Entire banlist is no longer sent on join- data subset is now requested by the client and sent from the server.
* [CHANGE] XGUI: Ban list is now paginated instead of a giant scrollable list.
* [CHANGE] XGUI: ULX Bans and other (or "Source Bans") are no longer separated.
* [CHANGE] ULX vote variable is now global so other addons can tell if a vote is in progress. ulx.doVote() also returns whether or not it actually started a vote (Thanks for the ideas, arduinium).
* [CHANGE] XGUI: Changed gamemode dropdown on maps tab to honor player/group restrictions. (Thanks chaos12135).

You can find these releases at our homepage. Enjoy!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 10:00:35 PM by Stickly Man! »
Join our Team Ulysses community discord! https://discord.gg/gR4Uye6

Offline CatsBananas

Re: ULX v3.62 and ULib v2.52 -- Inerrans
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 11:43:54 PM »
So I'm having an issue with this update. Tons of commands aren't showing up where they are supposed to be. So I took screenshots of this update. And I took screenshots of the verison I had put on my test server awhile back. As you can see there are three screenshots that show barely any commands showing up. But when I go to edit a group's permissions they show up in _categorized. Then there are the other three screenshots that show my test server's version with the TTT tab, and the commands in menus that I can use (besides 4)

I'm really confused. What's going on? Did I set up this new updated ulx/ulib wrong?

http://imgur.com/Q7wiklQ,QT7olhp,zXF3245,aUwAND9,H6S0hxL,kdKkxZb

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
  • What even IS software anymore?
    • XGUI
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 09:04:02 AM »
That issue looks to be similar to this known bug:
https://github.com/Nayruden/Ulysses/issues/296

tl;dr version: It's a complicated issue I have yet to track down, but you should be able to temporarily fix it by entering "_xgui dataComplete" in your console, followed by "xgui getdata". That should hopefully fill in the rest of the data for you.
Join our Team Ulysses community discord! https://discord.gg/gR4Uye6

Offline Bite That Apple

• Apple Innovations 2010®
    • Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 02:33:14 PM »
Sadly.. there is no blacklist still :(
Quote from: John F. Kennedy 1963
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 07:54:46 PM »
Most people consider the ban list a blacklist.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming