Author Topic: ULX !Cleanup, !respawn, !enter and !exit vehicle commands  (Read 7323 times)

Offline silentkiller101

ULX !Cleanup, !respawn, !enter and !exit vehicle commands
« on: March 16, 2015, 08:45:24 PM »
I dont know if this has been suggested before but this could be really useful for my Sandbox server..

I got the idea out of Exsto (my old admin mod last updated a year ago - broke with latest gmod update :P)

!cleanup map or simply !cleanup (removes everything on the map)

also !cleanup [player name] (cleans up the players props/entities)

If this wont be added to ULX, could somebody make this for me, im not a coder but i think this refers to the gmod_admin_cleanup hook or something i assume it is relatively straight forward to make?

Off-topic: !respawn command where it spawns the player to where your pointing at whether they're dead or alive (with the default weapons when they spawn as well)
Also !enter and !exit command (force's a player to enter a vehicle seat and exit it)

That's all, thanks
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 08:51:03 PM by silentkiller101 »

Offline Aaron113

Re: ULX !Cleanup, !respawn, !enter and !exit vehicle commands
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 10:07:57 AM »
ULX does not come with a prop protection by default.  I would probably have to say it will never be added for that reason.  It is up to the prop protection you're using to make these commands and adding them to ULX shouldn't be more than maybe 10 lines at that point.

Offline silentkiller101

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 10:15:47 AM »
ULX does not come with a prop protection by default.  I would probably have to say it will never be added for that reason.  It is up to the prop protection you're using to make these commands and adding them to ULX shouldn't be more than maybe 10 lines at that point.

Im not talking about a prop protection

Just talking about a simple cleanup command that's all  :-\

Offline Stranger Danger

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 10:25:31 AM »
Try searching around before posting on the forums. I know for a fact !respawn !exit and !enter are commands you can find on ulyssemod.net. I know Apple made a !forcerespawn and !enter and !exit exist in some custom ulx addon packs because my server has them.

Offline silentkiller101

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 11:02:12 AM »
Try searching around before posting on the forums. I know for a fact !respawn !exit and !enter are commands you can find on ulyssemod.net. I know Apple made a !forcerespawn and !enter and !exit exist in some custom ulx addon packs because my server has them.

I have that force respawn addon, one problem with that... you still keep your weapons and also it respawns you at the spawn area (e.g. gm_bigcity starting area) I wanted it so it respawns at your cursor.

Do you know if theres any !cleanup command though?

Thanks.

Offline Stranger Danger

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 12:20:50 PM »
I once had a clean up addon but it isn't what you want. It just removes props, it wont remove entities, npc's, or anything that isnt a prop.

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 02:16:45 PM »
Im not talking about a prop protection

Just talking about a simple cleanup command that's all  :-\
But if there is no prop protection, we can't really tell whose props are whose.  You could perhaps add a cleanup the entire map one easily.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 07:53:38 PM »
Why add ULX commands that are already in the Gmod Q menu, just as quick (if not quicker?) to get to than XGUI/console commands?
Q - Admin tab(?) - Cleanup Mine, Cleanup all??
Something like that - I forget.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2015, 09:01:38 PM »
Why add ULX commands that are already in the Gmod Q menu, just as quick (if not quicker?) to get to than XGUI/console commands?
Q - Admin tab(?) - Cleanup Mine, Cleanup all??
Something like that - I forget.
Indeed.  I'm pretty sure there is a console command for it as well.

Offline silentkiller101

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2015, 03:51:56 PM »
Indeed.  I'm pretty sure there is a console command for it as well.

Yes im aware of the admin tab clean up

also the console command is gmod_admin_cleanup

But for my admin it would be useful to have a alternative !cleanup also if possible.. a timer with it (in seconds) e.g. !cleanup 30 (alers everyone cleanup in 30 seconds)

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2015, 10:52:07 PM »
I think that is something that should be a module for ULX, not in ULX itself.  ULX is for more than just sandbox, so it's probably best to avoid very specific commands like this.

I remember I made an Expression 2 (from wiremod) a very, very long time ago to run a command after X seconds.  I used it all the time on my sandbox for cleanups or server restarts.