ULX

Poll

Was this addon useful to you?

Yes it was, thank you :)
21 (95.5%)
No, try better next time! :(
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Last Joined Check [1.05v]  (Read 37528 times)

Offline Bite That Apple

• Apple Innovations 2010®
    • Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
Last Joined Check [1.05v]
« on: March 28, 2015, 04:01:13 PM »
Last Joined

This addon is very easy to understand, though it can be complex depending on what version you decide to use. This addon keeps track of players joining, and all. So it tells you when a player is new, it tells you the last time someone was last online, and it also tells you how many times they've joined.
Please make sure you read this entire thing, OR YOU WILL BE CONFUSED!

Please Keep Note:
If you like this addon, I would really appreciate a "Compliment" Karma which is located next to my name. That's how I know you care :)
You must be registered and logged in the ulx forum to see the download link which is found under the preview image

Requirements:
(Recommended for multiple servers): Depending what version you decide to use, if you choose to use the MySQL version, you will need a webhost that supports MySQL, and the knowledge of simple MySQL.
You will also need the library to be able to use MySQL on a garry's mod server, if you do not have it already. This gets placed with the scrds.exe (if you're professionally hosting your server, chances are it already has libmySQL.dll with it). You can download the dll from here -> http://puu.sh/gTEIm/1c6e7fe8a9.zip
You will also need the mysqloo dll file which gets placed in garrysmod/lua/bin (if the folder does not exist, then create it). You can download this dll from here -> http://puu.sh/gTEU8/df4c72e24f.zip
(Recommended for single servers): If you decide to just use this addon for one simple server, then you need nothing.

HOW TO USE:
If you are not using the version that requires you to have a webhost that supports MySQL, then just drop the folder in the addons folder, and it will work.
If you are choosing to use the MySQL version, then you will need to understand how to setup a MySQL server, ect.

FEATURES:
  • Keeps track of players last join date
  • Allows you to check players join information - !checkjoin NAME
  • Allows you to check offline players join information- !ocheckjoin STEAMID
  • Keeps track of how many times a player has joined
  • If you use the MySQL version, it will keep track of when a player last joined any of your servers

TO-DO-LIST:
Make it easier to check an offline players join information

KNOWN BUGS:
Only if you're using the MySQL version, and your webhost is being DDoS'd, or is having down time, which most likely would includ the mysql server, so stuff won't be recorded, and ye... so that would be the only problem I can see.

Preview:

DOWNLOAD LINK BELOW
You must be registered and logged in the ulx forum to see the download link which is found under the preview image
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 12:32:51 PM by Bite That Apple »
Quote from: John F. Kennedy 1963
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
Re: Last Joined Check [1.00]
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 04:15:04 PM »
I never was planning on releasing this, but I recently had stopped caring about things I've made on Garry's Mod anymore for what ever reason. So I'm most likely going to start releasing all my private addons soon.

If you have any questions about this addon, feel free to ask.

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
Re: Last Joined Check [1.01v]
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 02:25:17 AM »
Updated, now can check players who are offline

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 08:09:03 PM »
So, I've not looked in the code, can it be used like the old IRC !seen command many op-bot's used?
!seen blah
[bot] I've seen several characters with the word "blah" in them, the 3 most recent where blah1, date/time, blah2, date/time and blah3, date/time.
or
[bot] Open your eyes, blah is online 'now'.

The op-bot was usually limited to only showing those seen in past 1-2 months on really busy IRC channels.

"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Zaddion

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 10:10:33 PM »
I just tried this today, I think I got the v1 (before the most recent update) and it was interfering with something and making the pointshop return a whole bunch of lua errors. Your addon is possibly interfering with pointshop 1?

https://github.com/adamdburton/pointshop

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 10:38:57 PM »
I just tried this today, I think I got the v1 (before the most recent update) and it was interfering with something and making the pointshop return a whole bunch of lua errors. Your addon is possibly interfering with pointshop 1?

https://github.com/adamdburton/pointshop

Can you please copy the errors and send them here, it most likely is a variable or hook name that is similar.

So, I've not looked in the code, can it be used like the old IRC !seen command many op-bot's used?
!seen blah
[bot] I've seen several characters with the word "blah" in them, the 3 most recent where blah1, date/time, blah2, date/time and blah3, date/time.
or
[bot] Open your eyes, blah is online 'now'.

The op-bot was usually limited to only showing those seen in past 1-2 months on really busy IRC channels.

I'm not familiar with op-bot, sorry :/
Nah, I didn't want to make it so you can search the database offline with player names, I just didn't feel like going that OP on the addon, I could do it if I want to, but I'd have to limit it on like 5 names, and a certain amount of characters, or some very nice person would search the word like "a" and crash the server.

The checking players thing was really recent, to be honest. I made it I liked to see when players last joined instead of just looking at the little cute message that pops up. The last update made it so I could do offline players. Also made it so that when a player is online, and is checked, it doesn't just say "today's date" (technically because if they joined, it would be the last time they were on), because that's kinda useless, so I made it so it gets the date of the last time they were on (unless of course they rejoined today), then updates it.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 12:06:27 PM »
The op bots were common, and were actually much more complex than just running a seen command.
They were used to maintain a chat room in case the main chat networks bot 'left' for any reason.

I was mostly asking about if it would act like, or suggesting the addition of, the 'seen' command.
I understand you'd have to put limits on it. The seen command that I remember had similar min character input, min historical search limits, max times used by <anyone/individual> in a time period, etc to prevent abuse.

Nostalgia. This release is neat and reminds me of it.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 11:05:22 PM »
The op bots were common, and were actually much more complex than just running a seen command.
They were used to maintain a chat room in case the main chat networks bot 'left' for any reason.

I was mostly asking about if it would act like, or suggesting the addition of, the 'seen' command.
I understand you'd have to put limits on it. The seen command that I remember had similar min character input, min historical search limits, max times used by <anyone/individual> in a time period, etc to prevent abuse.

Nostalgia. This release is neat and reminds me of it.

Most of the things I have made, I did not get inspired from something else (besides chat tags) to make addons, most of them in my mind are creative and unique, so if by any mistake there is an addon familiar with this addon, it was just coincidental.

Offline Tomzen

• A new lua adventurer
    • Thirdage Gaming
Re: Last Joined Check [1.02v]
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2015, 03:22:51 AM »
Finished:
Impersonate
<==> FakePromote/Demote <==> RandomMap <==> ForceMic <==> Search <==> PlayMenu <==
WIP:
ServerMode <==

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2015, 03:52:00 PM »

Offline PaRappa the Rapper (Gaming PC)

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2015, 08:28:20 AM »
This script breaks the gamemode EFT on my server, i didint used the SQL version

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2015, 08:34:58 PM »
This script breaks the gamemode EFT on my server, i didint used the SQL version

Can you please describe what's happening? Telling me it's broken, doesn't help me at all... So what are the errors, and or better yet, giving me the console log would be better.

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2015, 04:43:22 AM »
Can you please describe what's happening? Telling me it's broken, doesn't help me at all... So what are the errors, and or better yet, giving me the console log would be better.

Everytime im spawned, this error keeps spamming and spamming into the console until i leave, this also may happen to the other players, this cause for the players to dont fall after a dive in, they will be stuck, that is the only thing what i saw and probably more things can be broken

L 06/01/2015 - 13:40:38: "Dani The Master Driver<2><STEAM_0:0:39520635><>" entered the game
L 06/01/2015 - 13:40:38: Lua Error:
[ERROR] gamemodes/extremefootballthrowdown/gamemode/init.lua:38: attempt to compare nil with number
  1. unknown - gamemodes/extremefootballthrowdown/gamemode/init.lua:38

[ERROR] gamemodes/extremefootballthrowdown/gamemode/init.lua:38: attempt to compare nil with number

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2015, 11:07:19 PM »
Just by curiosity, what happens if you remove my addon, does it still cause errors?

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2015, 04:51:39 AM »
Just by curiosity, what happens if you remove my addon, does it still cause errors?

No, when i remove your last joined check script, everithing goes back to normal just fine