Poll

Was this addon useful to you?

Yes it was, thank you :)
20 (95.2%)
No, try better next time! :(
1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Last Joined Check [1.05v]  (Read 17854 times)

Offline Bite That Apple

• Apple Innovations 2010®
    • Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
Re: Last Joined Check [1.02v]
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2015, 12:52:45 PM »
No, when i remove your last joined check script, everithing goes back to normal just fine

I'm thinking that maybe my addon isn't right for you :(

Your Gamemode, init:38
Code: Lua
  1. if CurTime() >= pl.NextHealthRegen and CurTime() >= pl.LastDamaged + 5 and pl:Health() < pl:GetMaxHealth() then

That's what line 38 says, and I use none of those elements in my addon which would cause your gamemode to break for no reasons.
Quote from: John F. Kennedy 1963
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.
In most cases I do not make addons for people. You may ask, and I may or may not accept, paying me will not change the answer if it was no. Feel free to try.
4-8-15-16-23-42

My Created Addons:
> Player Connect/Disconnect Message < ---- > URL Playsound Addon < ---------- > Leaderboards Records < ----------------
> Player Chat Tags < ----------------------------- > Last Joined Checker < ------------- > Workshop Dupes Permissions < ------
> Utime Hour Changer Addon < ---------------- > Autopromote XGUI Version < ---- > UtimeMOO Server/Global Edition < --
> Give Weapon Addon < ------------------------- > Player Force Spawn < ------------- >
> Set Modelany Addon < ------------------------- > Set Spawn Points < ---------------- >
> Apple H.U.D. < ----------------------------------- > Advanced Anti Noclip Killing < -- >

Offline Vangarde

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2016, 05:08:29 PM »
I put your add-on in the folder, yet nothing happens when I reconnect to my own LAN server.

All your other add-ons seem to work perfectly, just this one doesn't do anything.. no errors nothing, as if it's not even there, HELP.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2016, 06:47:31 PM »
Which addon file?
Which folder?
The price one pays for pursuing any profession or calling is an intimate knowledge of its ugly side. - James Baldwin

Offline Vangarde

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2016, 07:31:44 PM »
I put the folder apple_lastjoined into the addons folder. I am not a complete noob. I have multiple other add-ons currently setup on my LAN server for testing before creating a real online server.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2016, 08:04:30 PM »
You mention "LAN" server.
Is it authenticated with Valve? The addon uses steamids.
Is it a "Listen" server, or an actual dedicated running on a LAN box?

Some addons don't like listen servers.
I've no idea for this one.

More importantly, are you getting any server console errors related to this addon when server starts up, or a player joins in server or client console?
The price one pays for pursuing any profession or calling is an intimate knowledge of its ugly side. - James Baldwin

Offline Vangarde

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2016, 07:55:50 AM »
Yes I was using SteamCMD and server was VAC secured.

Could you clarify the difference? I mean, it wasn't run off an ACTUAL server box, it was run off my computer, so I guess a listen?

No errors appear from it or anything when a player joins in console, just the usual.

I bought a server now with Halcuro hosting. I really could use some tips JamminR and appreciate your help so far.

Maybe I could pay you to add me on steam so I could communicate with you easier? :D

Cheers.

Offline 1day2die

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2016, 08:14:18 AM »
Dosent work for me either
[ERROR] addons/apple_lastjoined/lua/autorun/sv_lastjoin.lua:63: attempt to concatenate a nil value
  1. fn - addons/apple_lastjoined/lua/autorun/sv_lastjoin.lua:63
   2. unknown - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/shared/hook.lua:110

and everything goes to (TTT)

Offline Ace

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2016, 07:53:58 PM »
This didn't work for me so I deleted it and now my servers messed up... Im getting an error

Lua Error: [ERROR] addons/apple_lastjoined/lua/autorun/sv_lastjoin.lua:121: attempt to concatenate a nil value 1. fn - addons/apple_lastjoined/lua/autorun/sv_lastjoin.lua:121 2. unknown - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/shared/hook.lua:179

Offline Undercover Orange

• Leader of Undercover Gaming Community
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2016, 10:56:40 PM »
could you update this to let you see the IP of past joined players? in case you wish to IP ban them
~ Undercover Orange

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2016, 11:33:41 PM »
could you update this to let you see the IP of past joined players? in case you wish to IP ban them

I'm sure there already is an addon that does that, or you could edit mine if you needed it to do that. I don't do gmod related things anymore, except update addons if they become broken, in which I have updated my addon today as there was a small issue with it. So errors should be gone.
In most cases I do not make addons for people. You may ask, and I may or may not accept, paying me will not change the answer if it was no. Feel free to try.
4-8-15-16-23-42

My Created Addons:
> Player Connect/Disconnect Message < ---- > URL Playsound Addon < ---------- > Leaderboards Records < ----------------
> Player Chat Tags < ----------------------------- > Last Joined Checker < ------------- > Workshop Dupes Permissions < ------
> Utime Hour Changer Addon < ---------------- > Autopromote XGUI Version < ---- > UtimeMOO Server/Global Edition < --
> Give Weapon Addon < ------------------------- > Player Force Spawn < ------------- >
> Set Modelany Addon < ------------------------- > Set Spawn Points < ---------------- >
> Apple H.U.D. < ----------------------------------- > Advanced Anti Noclip Killing < -- >

Offline Shu | Pexie

• Hey! Polyglot guy here :)
Re: Last Joined Check [1.04v]
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2018, 11:50:26 AM »
Hey! Are you sure the command "!ocheckjoin" is working? I was checking all the files in the folders and i didn't see any code related to it...

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2018, 12:04:34 PM »
Hey! Are you sure the command "!ocheckjoin" is working? I was checking all the files in the folders and i didn't see any code related to it...

Maybe I never finished it or uploaded it then, not sure anymore, I’ve actually forgotten about Garry’s Mod and other things at this point. I haven’t gotten an email from this place in two years...
4-8-15-16-23-42

My Created Addons:

Offline Shu | Pexie

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2018, 10:32:39 PM »
Maybe I never finished it or uploaded it then, not sure anymore, I’ve actually forgotten about Garry’s Mod and other things at this point. I haven’t gotten an email from this place in two years...

Yeah this topic is very old, but since i'm using your script in one of my servers and i was wondering where it was this command, so i give it a try to resurrect this from the dead.  :)

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2018, 10:44:51 PM »
Yeah this topic is very old, but since i'm using your script in one of my servers and i was wondering where it was this command, so i give it a try to resurrect this from the dead.  :)

I have no idea if this will work or not, but I have edited it. It looks like I only made the mysql version have ocheckjoin. It's been so long since I've messed with lua now, that I've forgotten most of it now at this point, and I don't know if this will work at all, but I pretty much copied and pasted it. Let me know if it works for you.
4-8-15-16-23-42

My Created Addons:

Offline Shu | Pexie

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2018, 09:51:41 AM »
I have no idea if this will work or not, but I have edited it. It looks like I only made the mysql version have ocheckjoin. It's been so long since I've messed with lua now, that I've forgotten most of it now at this point, and I don't know if this will work at all, but I pretty much copied and pasted it. Let me know if it works for you.

It doesn't work, even the command itself... It's weird, since i have the same code here without errors, also checking those lines i didn't find anything uncommon...

Code: [Select]
[ERROR] lua/autorun/sv_lastjoin.lua:221: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 155) near 'elseif'
  1. unknown - lua/autorun/sv_lastjoin.lua:0

[ERROR] lua/autorun/sv_lastjoin.lua:176: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 155) near 'elseif'
  1. unknown - lua/autorun/sv_lastjoin.lua:0