Author Topic: ulx user commands  (Read 10031 times)

Offline XxLMM13xX

• New to lua development
    • Twitch
ulx user commands
« on: April 17, 2015, 09:15:14 AM »
ULX USER COMMANDS

Fixed simple typos

I have made 3 commands that users can use on your server to open a webpage (!addons, !donate, !website) This has been done before but it is not on the ULX release page so im putting it here! Download the winrar folder and place in addons! Config located at: ulx_user_cmd/lua/ulx/modules/sh/usercmd.lua

like my other addons this one is very simple and was done quick so notify me on ANY errors! Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 01:25:02 PM by XxLMM13xX »

Offline Bytewave

• Respected Community Member
  • :)
    • My Homepage
Re: ulx user commands
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 10:24:25 AM »
So basically you took the code to open a specified URL on a client via ULX posted here 30 times before, made 3 variants, and released it?

k

I'd say decent work, but c'mon.
bw81@ulysses-forums ~ % whoami
Homepage

Offline XxLMM13xX

• New to lua development
    • Twitch
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 01:43:42 PM »
So basically you took the code to open a specified URL on a client via ULX posted here 30 times before, made 3 variants, and released it?

k

I'd say decent work, but c'mon.

When i searched for it on the forums it was hard to find so now it will be more easy for new members!

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 02:54:44 PM »
Well, I'm torn.
This isn't exactly what I'd consider release worthy, but that's my personal opinion.
At least you didn't claim it as your own like the last person I permanently banned and removed the entire release topic of.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline XxLMM13xX

• New to lua development
    • Twitch
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 02:59:38 PM »
I asked Mr.P if i could... he said yes

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 03:20:10 AM »
Quote from: XxLMM13xX
Ok so i made a ULX command that opens a website! So yes... this is like the most easy thing to do ever but i have gotten LOTS of requests on this and there is not yet one in the release section. Could i upload mine?

Im asking because i dont want to get in trouble for adding something people dont need

im also sending this to YOU because when i send it to 'JamminR' this pops up: "User 'JamminR' has blocked your personal message."

Thanks!

I can't see my exact reply (for some reason, what's up SMF?) but I basically said you are free to release whatever you like so long as it's your work, and then I recommended (personally) that I would only release something if it's useful. No need to throw me under the bus here.

Also, upon reviewing your code, you made a type in your !donate command. You are calling it !doante.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 03:22:46 AM by MrPresident »

Offline XxLMM13xX

• New to lua development
    • Twitch
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 07:49:49 AM »
i fixed the donation error! Sorry for that type you can download the new version here or above!

Also MrPresident, JamminR, and Bytewave... I thought uploading this would help server owners that need the !addons command but if you all dont think its need please delete it! Sorry if i "disappointed" you.

Thanks,
XxLMM13xX

Offline Bite That Apple

• Apple Innovations 2010®
    • Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2015, 01:18:38 PM »
I hate rar formats, use zip, that means even people without winzip, winrar, 7zip can unzip using windows.
Quote from: John F. Kennedy 1963
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.

Offline XxLMM13xX

• New to lua development
    • Twitch
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2015, 01:23:40 PM »
I hate rar formats, use zip, that means even people without winzip, winrar, 7zip can unzip using windows.

i always forget which one to use! Thanks!