ULX

Author Topic: whyyyyy  (Read 2081 times)

Offline slamitboy

whyyyyy
« on: April 25, 2015, 11:18:26 AM »
ok so i just a cople a months ago recived news that username "Livaco"(My Bff) Was Permintley Baned Becuse People Thought He Was Copying And Pasting Other Peoples Work And Posting Them As His Own. I Saw Him Sit Their For About 5m Think And Wright That Code.

Admins Please Unban Him  :'(

--Admins I Doint Care If You Ban ME Just Unban Him, He's Done Nothing Whrong--

He And I Have Started A Forum To Clean Up His Sadness
The Forum: http://formsadvancedgmod.createaforum.com/index.php
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 11:20:01 AM by slamitboy »

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: whyyyyy
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 12:51:39 PM »
Do you question the administrators of this system so much that you think you can act like a different person and not be added to the ban list?
There are many details that we see in our logs that quite clearly indicate you are the same person as Livaco.
If we had only banned you temporarily, I'd be changing your ban to permanent.
Since we banned you permanently already, after several warnings and temporary bans due to general community issues being raised and rules being broken, we're just going to tighten the ban somewhat to help prevent you posting again.
You may yet find another way around. We're not perfect. There are many screws we can tighten, and the fact we keep having to do it just indicates how well you do not fit into our community.

We just enjoy a nice community that your social experience or education just haven't yet met.
That's saying quite a bit, as many would agree, we're pretty tolerant here.

Besides those warnings and 2 temporary bans, the "straw that broke the camel's back" was the code you released as your own in which all you did was add a comment line at the top telling others it was yours and not to edit it.
You even went so far as to give a TINY bit of credit in your post towards where you got it from, then you rudely told others not to complain/report it.
After your ban, it was permanently deleted.
We considered deleting all of your posts along with your user account, but, that would only make it more difficult for us to show burden of no social graces later.

It's one thing to make a release of others code packaged in a improved way or to make it easier to find, yet still give 100% credit to it being someone elses
 (Someone recently did this, and, though we personally disagreed with making it a "release", we still accepted it, if not begrudgingly)

It's totally another to be rude and try to tell others not to report when not giving enough credit.
That wasn't the only reason. It was just the final.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 12:55:05 PM by JamminR »
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
Re: whyyyyy
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 06:59:06 PM »
Please don't create alternate accounts and then assume to insult our intelligence by claiming that you are not Livaco.
We log all kinds of data on the forums and I know that you are just an alternate account.

This is not the way to go about getting yourself unbanned.

The thing that tipped it off mostly for me is how you type:
You Do Know That Proper Typing Does Not Call For Capitalization Of Every Single Word. In Fact I Find It More Difficult To Type This Way.