ULX

Author Topic: UtimeMOO - Utime for MySQL (Linux Compatible)  (Read 38072 times)

Offline Bite That Apple

• Apple Innovations 2010®
    • Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
Re: UtimeMOO - Utime for MySQL (Linux Compatible)
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2015, 05:23:51 PM »
Looks like it's fixed in the version posted right above you.  All he did was add a simple loaded check on the player.

From what I read he's just fixing certain names, but at the same time I didn't thoroughly check everything he did.
Quote from: John F. Kennedy 1963
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.

Offline Luk | twitch.tv/doctorluk

« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2015, 08:20:37 AM »
IIRC I only did some minor changes on the UTF-8 encoding, nothing else.

But I'm struggling with the occasional resets, too. My server is almost always full (16 Players) and in the last three days about 8 people complained about their time being reset. Is it possible that MySQL + LUA is unreliable?
Another quick browse through the code does not show anything interesting.

I desperately need Utime for MySQL for my !motd and other stats delivered via a webserver and this is slowly driving me nuts.
Host of Spielwiese der Erwachsenen, a German TTT Server for adults only.

Offline Tekop

« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2015, 01:37:36 AM »
Do you know when the players who get reset joins? Have the server been empty for a long period before they do?
I've had something like that happen where the db connection would reset to "gone away"/ time out the first time it's used. I edited Pointshops way to do it with a "wrapper" which takes some sql string, a callback to be called with returned data and a optimal tries argument to limit the number of retries.
I wouldn't mind trying getting my hands dirty since I would have made my own version anyways... Is it okay to use github rather than uploading archives here?

Offline Luk | twitch.tv/doctorluk

« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2015, 02:51:49 PM »
I don't see any connection between server usage and the occasional resets. I've used an external MySQL Server (different VHost, same Hostmachine, so latency <1ms) and moved it on the same VHost, but that didn't change a thing (why would it, if the latency difference is about 0.5ms... *scratches head*).

I'm thinking about combining SQLite and MySQL where SQLite is actually used for storing/reading the time, but the time is regularly being pushed to MySQL, too. I only have one server, so that should do it. Although I'm still heavily annoyed by the inconsistency.
Host of Spielwiese der Erwachsenen, a German TTT Server for adults only.