ULX

Author Topic: ULX Chat_Tags | ULX MOTD Help please!!  (Read 1721 times)

Offline SociopathicalMe

ULX Chat_Tags | ULX MOTD Help please!!
« on: July 03, 2015, 01:21:54 PM »
Hello, thanks for looking! I hope you can help.

I am currently developing a small gmod server and I have hit a few bumps in the road when it comes to ULX. First off, I have added a custom MOTD and I can't disable the default ULX MOTD, is there anyway I could get that to stop appearing?

Also, I have installed chat_tags onto the server which is all fine and dandy until I realized, it stops [OOC] and [Advert] from appearing so a player doesn't know if someone's talking to them or if a player is close by.

Hopefully you can help, if you need any other information to assist me don't hesitate to ask.

Offline SociopathicalMe

Re: ULX Chat_Tags | ULX MOTD Help please!!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 01:39:48 PM »
I have sorted the MOTD just chat tags :(

Offline Caustic Soda-Senpai

• <Insert something clever here>
    • Steam Page
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 04:19:00 PM »
Are you using the chat tags that Apple released? If so, that's why it's not working on DarkRP.

To my knowledge so far he hasn't made it compatible with DarkRP as it was meant for sandbox.
Once you get to know me, you'll find you'll have never met me at all.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 04:40:30 PM »
Additionally, if you ARE using the chat tags he released, stop asking about random releases in this section of the forum.
Please go ask IN THE RELEASE thread intended for support of the release you are using.

This section is designed primarily for support of ULX, ULib, and, if we don't already have a release thread, for other Team Ulysses discussions.

Your motd issue might have fit, but, you got it fixed, and, motd has nothing to do with chat tags.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 02:57:59 PM »
If you are using Apple's chat tags, please READ the original post in the Releases section.  If I'm not mistaken, it describes your exact problem and how to fix it.