Author Topic: Problem with fancyLogAdmin chat  (Read 1766 times)

Offline Stealthycow

Problem with fancyLogAdmin chat
« on: July 12, 2015, 02:31:25 PM »
Hello,
I have been having a small issue. The fancyLogAdmin command works for code that I wrote a while ago or code, imported; however, when i try to create a new file and use that function, it doesn't want to work.
Maybe someone point me to a page that describes the functionality of fancyLogAdmin and possibly give me a reason as per why Garry's Mod is being selective in which fancyLogAdmin chats to display
Thank you

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Problem with fancyLogAdmin chat
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 02:59:03 PM »
Without knowing what, if any, errors your getting in console, or how you're using it (file placement, code, etc) extremely difficult to tell why it's not working for you.
We really have no documentation on it. You can review it's code at this link https://github.com/Nayruden/Ulysses/blob/31f292516f7d6b379cdcaaedc5e6921ff58db306/ulx/lua/ulx/log.lua#L409
You may use google to search through our forums using the site:forums.ulyssesmod.net in the search box to find other discussions here regarding "fancylogadmin"
I seem to remember some at some time, likely in developers corner section of the forum (where I moved your post)

Make sure ULX is loaded before your script trying to use it. (it won't work if it's not)
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Stealthycow

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 11:25:19 PM »
Okay, so the issue I am specifically having does not give any console errors....so that makes this that much harder to explain; however, i will try my best. The exact line I am having an issue trying to get to display is the following
Code: [Select]
ulx.fancyLogAdmin( calling_ply, "#A #i #T", message, target_plys )The #i is supposed to use "message" which is a string variable; however, any time I use this line, it does not display anything in the chat.
This is the specific issue at hand and I do not know if I have the correct syntax.
I appreciate any help I can get at this point
Thank you

Offline Stealthycow

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 12:06:57 AM »
I found out the issue, where I have "#i" in the command there needed to be a #s ... that was my syntax mistake. Sorry for bothering

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 06:57:26 PM »
No problem, no bother.
For anyone else that reads this.
#i = integer
#s = string
As with most programming languages, both are treated differently in Lua.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming