ULX

Author Topic: Maybe.. Possibly.. No inheritance (or Default Group)  (Read 2475 times)

Offline Ryan Hemmet

• https://adversarygaming.com
Maybe.. Possibly.. No inheritance (or Default Group)
« on: August 06, 2015, 10:27:35 AM »
I do not mean get rid of inheritance.

What I mean is have it so we can set a group to not inherit from a another group so we could have the default group and possibly a group that will have a bit more of restriction, like sort of a watch list group where they get less commands. For instance, if normal users get votekick, votemute, etc. and there are some users that are abusing the votes I would be able to set them to the group that does not get those commands instead of having to restrict it from multiple people since it is usually friends who get on and do it so they have enough vote potential.

OR

Have a default group option where you could set a group lower than user but still have it so the default group would be user.

I don't know if this sounds like a good suggestion but it is something I thought about instead of having some convoluted way to set groups when a player first joins the server.

Offline Caustic Soda-Senpai

• <Insert something clever here>
    • Steam Page
Re: Maybe.. Possibly.. No inheritance (or Default Group)
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 01:02:18 PM »
1. Set up three groups.

user > watchlist > member

2. Inherit user from watchlist so they share the commands.

3. Remove the permissions from watchlist at WATCHLIST'S level. The commands you remove will be removed from watchlist+ but will stay on user.

4. Re-add the permissions to member.

5. Profit.
Once you get to know me, you'll find you'll have never met me at all.

Offline Ryan Hemmet

• https://adversarygaming.com
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 04:27:12 PM »
If user has the command and watchlist is inheriting from it, watchlist will receive that command as well. If you mean make user inherit from watchlist that is not possible at least not through the GUI.

Offline Caustic Soda-Senpai

• <Insert something clever here>
    • Steam Page
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 11:08:40 PM »
You can remove commands at (x) level even if a group below it has it.
Once you get to know me, you'll find you'll have never met me at all.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 09:24:36 PM »
To Gmod, all players not assigned a group are automatically "user", so that rules out "lower" than "user" without you manually/programmatically intervening.
Then you're running into the same topic as we have regarding 'why it's stupid to have a group higher than superadmin', but instead, with a 'lower than user'.
Same reasons. Gmod code by default without overriding only knows 3 groups.

As for inheritance, you do not have to inherit any group in ULib.
You can have a totally separate inherit from nothing group (which, it would automatically inherit from user, that's how Gmod works)
In that case however, you'd have to manually specify any ulx commands / access in other scripts you wanted that particular group to have (that wasn't already in "user")
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming