ULX

Author Topic: ULX Targeting is an issue!  (Read 1549 times)

Offline Jolteon

ULX Targeting is an issue!
« on: August 07, 2015, 07:43:56 AM »
So i have a new darkrp server and i thought i set up the ranks properly. I have these ranks *In order from highest to lowest* (Owner, Developer, Superadmin, Admin, Operator, EVIP+, EVIP, VIP, User) I need help setting not permissions but targeting because i want superadmin to be able to physgun people under them, so admin operator and so on. I want the owner to be untouched, and the Developer only to be touched by the owner.

This is how im doing it so far. user has a target of !%vip, vip has a target of !%evip, evip has a target of !%evip, evip has a target of !%operator, operator has a target of !%admin, admin has a target of !%superadmin, superadmin has a target of !%developer, developer has a target of !%owner, and owner has a target of *.

I dont know what im doing wrong but operators are allowed to shove around the owner at will and its sort of annoying. i have paid people to do this for me before, but now i think its time that i learn how to set up these myself. These are going to be the only ranks on the server, besides maybe others that are below the frame of admin. like trusted or something i dont know

Also, directly in front of 2 ranks i want a + rank to mean donator admin EX. Admin+, Admin, Operator+, Operator

Helping me do this will mean alot ULX team, i know its simple and you guys are facepalmin at this threads existence but helping me with this would mean alot to me and my server.

Thank you
-Jolteon
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 07:46:59 AM by Jolteon »

Offline Ryan Hemmet

• https://adversarygaming.com
Re: ULX Targeting is an issue!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 09:39:11 AM »
First thing: http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php?topic=6291.25

Second thing:
It might be the symbols you used, sometimes my ULX messes up when I use symbols, or it could be the capitalization of the groups, if those are different.

Offline Caustic Soda-Senpai

• <Insert something clever here>
    • Steam Page
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 04:04:31 PM »
1. Are you using capitals in both the targeting AND groups? ( I recommend no capitals at all.)
2. Is FAdmin disabled?
Once you get to know me, you'll find you'll have never met me at all.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 09:30:31 PM »
See our FAQ section, question "How do I disable Fadmin?"
Will solve lots of conflict issues with groups.
As for the others advice, case-sensitivity does matter. SuperAdmin is not the same as superadmin.
Gmod expects superadmin > admin > user (no need to assign user, players default)
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Jolteon

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 09:30:11 PM »
I appreciate all the help. And no i have not disabled fadmin yet. But everything is non capitals. i knew that part already