ULX

Author Topic: Trouble sending models via forceddownload  (Read 2752 times)

Offline tomato3017

Trouble sending models via forceddownload
« on: May 14, 2007, 07:00:12 PM »
Hi,

Im having trouble testing the forceddownload option in order to send ppl models that they require. I can see them downloading when I connect but they don't render. I tested this with gate.mdl from the stargate addon.

Here is my config file:(well the part that matters)
Code: [Select]
ulx addForcedDownload "addons/stargate/materials/stargate/gate.vmt"
ulx addForcedDownload "addons/stargate/materials/stargate/gate.vtf"

I tested that the model was removed before I connected and it was, after download it still wouldn't work and I couldnt find the model anywhere in my garrysmod directory.

Thanks in advance!

BTW: your filter stops the word H E L L O

Offline WildWill

• Global Moderator
    • Beast_Building_Server
Re: Trouble sending models via forceddownload
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 08:53:23 PM »
I might be way off base here, but I didn't see any of the Models in your .cfg there. Like the modelname.mdl, modelname.dx80, modelname.dx90 etc... There should be something like 5 files per model, maybe even one or two more.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 10:21:56 PM »
What wildwill says applies, plus you need to drop "addons/stargate/".

Testing hello

EDIT: Fixed the filter
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline tomato3017

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 12:25:53 PM »
I might be way off base here, but I didn't see any of the Models in your .cfg there. Like the modelname.mdl, modelname.dx80, modelname.dx90 etc... There should be something like 5 files per model, maybe even one or two more.

Heh, I was kinda tired when I wrote that post. This is what I did: I moved those 2 files out of the gmod directory in order to see if they would still render if sent via ULX's forceddownload. They didn't, I also tried to send every model from the stargate addon, no luck. I am doing this because there is alot of ppl that annoy me by asking me what the errors are cause they don't have it(its not like its the most popular LUA addon!!!!!)

Also Megiddo, why would I not include addons/stargate(right from RC4a) when thats where those files preside?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 12:27:44 PM by tomato3017 »

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 08:56:39 PM »
Also Megiddo, why would I not include addons/stargate(right from RC4a) when thats gwhere those files preside?

Addons act like normal folder locations (at least in lua) when the server is running, so Addons/<addonname> isn't needed.

Also, Stargate models are huge. I personally wouldn't have patience to wait for most servers to download them to my computer.
Unless you have a FAST redirect URL, be prepared to have people drop during connection.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming