Author Topic: How to access UTime hours.  (Read 10759 times)

Offline roastchicken

• Respected Community Member
  • I write code
Re: How to access UTime hours.
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2015, 08:35:23 PM »
Oh ok so to make this I have to read up on sql a bunch but I hope to release this along with Illuminati (Aaron you might remember that one) sometime soon.

Aharon I literally walked you through step by step how to do this. No research about SQL necessary. Again, converting SteamID64 to SteamID is possible I'm just having trouble with it. If you want go get Mr. President's AWarn2 and use his conversion method.
Give a man some code and you help him for a day; teach a man to code and you help him for a lifetime.

Offline Bite That Apple

• Apple Innovations 2010®
    • Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2015, 09:24:59 PM »
Well, specifically for this addon, if you want to only find players hours when they're offline/online, I would go with SteamID32, because that's easier to find. Honestly though, where are you trying to go with this addon right now? Do you just want to use this addon within your server, and keep all storing information on Garry's Mod's SQL database, or are you planning on expanding this addon to make it available for any servers you may have?

@Aaron113, how much more memory could using Steam32 bit even take? Maybe I might be doing things wrong, and could improve on my servers status by updating things.
Quote from: John F. Kennedy 1963
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.

Offline Aharon Tager

• Barely Legal Gaming
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2015, 08:38:48 AM »
The idea for this command is to be able to check how active my staff is. I don't want to have to wait until they're on the server to see how much their hours have gone up in the past week.

@roastedchicken I'm going to make a new table that gets a players uniqueID and puts it with their SteamID so I don't have to mess with UTime as much, thanks for your code though.

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2015, 10:32:23 AM »
@Aaron113, how much more memory could using Steam32 bit even take? Maybe I might be doing things wrong, and could improve on my servers status by updating things.
I really don't know the specifics, I'm just pretty sure it's better/faster/smaller.  Imagine having hundreds of thousands of rows of data (or even just thousands).  You want speed and efficiency the entire way.  On a small scale though, it probably wouldn't matter too much.

I would have to see your database layout to give you any suggestions :P

Offline Bite That Apple

• Apple Innovations 2010®
    • Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2015, 06:11:06 PM »
I would have to see your database layout to give you any suggestions :P

Yeah, I can't really give that out at the moment, I need to find one of my external harddrives that has it on record, so it's gonna take me a day or so.
Quote from: John F. Kennedy 1963
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.