Author Topic: Client to Admin report system  (Read 2578 times)

Offline SociopathicalMe

Client to Admin report system
« on: August 18, 2015, 12:41:35 PM »
This is a suggestion, I do not have this addon.
I have been looking around and there are loads of report systems for older gmod versions, but none work anymore(DarkRP). The system would have the following features:
  • Players be able to submit a report to the admins using a menu opened by !report
  • Players to be able to remove their previous report with !remove
  • Players be able to choose their rule breaker from a drop down list
  • Players to be able to submit a brief summary of what happened
  • Limit to one report at a time for spam evasion
  • Admins be able to open a menu of the current reports with !reports
  • Admins be able to delete + Close said reports
  • Admins to be able to claim reports so other admins know it's in progress
  • A notification to come up on the active admin's screens when there is a call to be taken
  • Logging to see how many sits each admin takes (SA only)
  • Plus many more opportunities!
Unfortunately I'm not blessed with advanced LUA knowledge as I'm just starting out but I've played around and I managed to make the menus respond to the commands, but I haven't a clue on how to make it all work together, it'd be a great little thing to have on the servers! If you have any questions just comment below and I will try and help you but as I said, I'm no experienced developer. If you'd like to work with me/take over on this project I'd love to have you involved!

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Client to Admin report system
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 06:14:53 PM »
Have you seen Awarn in our releases section, or simple notes?
There's also Chatreports, which will report/post evidence to a pastebin account
I don't think there is one reporting mod to rule them all here, but there's definitely many that would work together for some of your wanted features.
The price one pays for pursuing any profession or calling is an intimate knowledge of its ugly side. - James Baldwin

Offline SociopathicalMe

Re: Client to Admin report system
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 06:08:56 AM »
Have you seen Awarn in our releases section, or simple notes?
I have AWarn installed, it does not have a menu where players can submit reports. The idea of this is so reports don't get lost in the admin chat + to stop admin chat spamming.
There's also Chatreports, which will report/post evidence to a pastebin account
I will look at this. NEW: I looked how this is quite far off what I mentioned, this is for reporting people who abuse in chat and making it easier to find proof. The system I am on about is in general for all rules.
I don't think there is one reporting mod to rule them all here, but there's definitely many that would work together for some of your wanted features.
I see what you mean, although I think that this would be a great feature to come default in ULX if it was to be made.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 06:16:27 AM by SociopathicalMe »