Author Topic: Client to Admin report system  (Read 4623 times)

Offline SociopathicalMe

Client to Admin report system
« on: August 18, 2015, 12:41:35 PM »
This is a suggestion, I do not have this addon.
I have been looking around and there are loads of report systems for older gmod versions, but none work anymore(DarkRP). The system would have the following features:
  • Players be able to submit a report to the admins using a menu opened by !report
  • Players to be able to remove their previous report with !remove
  • Players be able to choose their rule breaker from a drop down list
  • Players to be able to submit a brief summary of what happened
  • Limit to one report at a time for spam evasion
  • Admins be able to open a menu of the current reports with !reports
  • Admins be able to delete + Close said reports
  • Admins to be able to claim reports so other admins know it's in progress
  • A notification to come up on the active admin's screens when there is a call to be taken
  • Logging to see how many sits each admin takes (SA only)
  • Plus many more opportunities!
Unfortunately I'm not blessed with advanced LUA knowledge as I'm just starting out but I've played around and I managed to make the menus respond to the commands, but I haven't a clue on how to make it all work together, it'd be a great little thing to have on the servers! If you have any questions just comment below and I will try and help you but as I said, I'm no experienced developer. If you'd like to work with me/take over on this project I'd love to have you involved!

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Client to Admin report system
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 06:14:53 PM »
Have you seen Awarn in our releases section, or simple notes?
There's also Chatreports, which will report/post evidence to a pastebin account
I don't think there is one reporting mod to rule them all here, but there's definitely many that would work together for some of your wanted features.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline SociopathicalMe

Re: Client to Admin report system
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 06:08:56 AM »
Have you seen Awarn in our releases section, or simple notes?
I have AWarn installed, it does not have a menu where players can submit reports. The idea of this is so reports don't get lost in the admin chat + to stop admin chat spamming.
There's also Chatreports, which will report/post evidence to a pastebin account
I will look at this. NEW: I looked how this is quite far off what I mentioned, this is for reporting people who abuse in chat and making it easier to find proof. The system I am on about is in general for all rules.
I don't think there is one reporting mod to rule them all here, but there's definitely many that would work together for some of your wanted features.
I see what you mean, although I think that this would be a great feature to come default in ULX if it was to be made.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 06:16:27 AM by SociopathicalMe »