ULX

Author Topic: Adversary Buildmode [v1.2]  (Read 13467 times)

Offline Ryan Hemmet

• https://adversarygaming.com
Adversary Buildmode [v1.2]
« on: August 19, 2015, 06:38:25 PM »
Adversary Buildmode

This is the release of Adversary Buildmode, a custom addon I have made for my Build and Kill server. I have decided to release it as I have not found any public buildmode addons. This buildmode addon allows you to set the time a player is required to be in buildmode (to prevent spamming), add and remove players from buildmode, have noclip in buildmode, etc.

Anything you may ever need to edit is in lua/buildmode/config/sh_buildmode.lua.

Default Commands
!build - Enables buildmode, accessible by users
!pvp - Disables buildmode, accessible by users
!setbuildmode [player] [boolean:state] - Enables/disables buildmode depending on boolean, accessible by admins

Editable in Config
  • Commands
  • Allowed Weapons
  • Rank Times
  • Noclip Ability
  • Above head text
  • Chat Colours
Installation
  • Put the extracted files into your garrysmod/addons/ directory of your server
  • Modify the config (lua/autorun/sh_buildmode.lua) to your liking
  • Restart your server and you're done
Requirements
  • ULX

Download at GitHub

Lasted Update
  • Major code rewrite
  • Better system set in place, going to be adding support for other admin mods for the adventurous server owners out there
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 08:22:32 PM by Ryan Hemmet »

Offline Bite That Apple

• Apple Innovations 2010®
    • Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
Re: Adversary Buildmode [v1.0]
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 12:44:29 AM »
Because ulx forums typically has people who are new to garry's mod/addons/lua, I suggest telling people where to specifically add the file. I know that it goes in lua/autorun, but others may not, you may even have to go as far as telling them go to steam/steamapps/garrysmod/garrysmod, ect, ect. Garry kinda made the newer gmod community players kinda dumb with all this workshop stuff.

Also, some more questions that maybe should be answered here on your original post. Can only admins set buildmode, or can anyone set themselves to buildmode? Does this require ulx, or use ulx in any way? Maybe a few more instructions on how to set things up once this is installed?
Quote from: John F. Kennedy 1963
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.

Offline Ryan Hemmet

• https://adversarygaming.com
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 01:00:19 AM »
Because ulx forums typically has people who are new to garry's mod/addons/lua, I suggest telling people where to specifically add the file. I know that it goes in lua/autorun, but others may not, you may even have to go as far as telling them go to steam/steamapps/garrysmod/garrysmod, ect, ect. Garry kinda made the newer gmod community players kinda dumb with all this workshop stuff.

Also, some more questions that maybe should be answered here on your original post. Can only admins set buildmode, or can anyone set themselves to buildmode? Does this require ulx, or use ulx in any way? Maybe a few more instructions on how to set things up once this is installed?

Added your suggestions  :)

Offline Bite That Apple

• Apple Innovations 2010®
    • Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 05:08:13 PM »
Added your suggestions  :)

Wonderful! Great addon too (i haven't tested it, but I'm assuming it's identical to how its described. Creative idea.)
Quote from: John F. Kennedy 1963
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.

Offline EMRE

Re: Adversary Buildmode [v1.2]
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 06:41:20 AM »
I want to disable noclip in build mode please help me ! :-\

Offline memeroot

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 12:23:52 PM »
Hey, Ulysses has a Uclip plugin which is a noclip where you can't go through the world or other peoples props, only your own props.
Do you think you could make it so that when you go in buildmode it allows you to use Uclip instead of the normal noclip?

Offline Ranger Wolf

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 02:15:27 PM »
if you are going to use git-hub may i request you to make a release so it'll be easier to locate lol. Btw i downloaded the master and inserted it in my server and it wasn't working

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2016, 01:37:09 AM »
Hey, Ulysses has a Uclip plugin which is a noclip where you can't go through the world or other peoples props, only your own props.
Do you think you could make it so that when you go in buildmode it allows you to use Uclip instead of the normal noclip?
Its already set that way for when anyone goes into noclip.

Offline H-0-R-I-Z-0-N

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2016, 10:14:45 PM »
This is a nice addon, but for some reason when I tested it, it says "[Buildmode] You must wait 20 seconds to disable buildmode." when a player uses the !build command when they're in pvp.
I take back everything I've said. You wore those words on your lips, as if they meant anything anyway.

Offline Marmiguamed

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2016, 11:14:51 AM »
This is a nice addon, but for some reason when I tested it, it says "[Buildmode] You must wait 20 seconds to disable buildmode." when a player uses the !build command when they're in pvp.
as said by the author:
This buildmode addon allows you to set the time a player is required to be in buildmode (to prevent spamming)

Offline _-Mr.Ubivashka-_#Get_Rekt

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2016, 09:33:48 AM »
Hey, i have ULX Custom Commands and your addon.
In UlX Custom Commands available ulx warp command.
I need to make sure that when writing team !Build me teleported to the desired warp.
Those. combined team !warp build in !build

Offline GeneralGreasy

• Not for sale
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2017, 05:58:36 PM »
Im confused,
I downloaded the addon and extracted it into my Garry's Mod addons folder but It wont work when I type that command in game.
Help!

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2017, 07:59:47 PM »
From the first line of the README.md
Notice: No longer supported

Moving this release to archives.
Developer, if you release a new replacement or update this one, please ask we move it back through PM, off-topic, or email.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming