ULX

Author Topic: help  (Read 1835 times)

Offline 3RB

help
« on: September 12, 2015, 06:34:23 AM »
i have this addon from steam:
size manipulator
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=167808759&searchtext=size+manipulator

i want to make this addon for some ranks its for admin and up i want it for some ranks like owner,superadmin,admin+

how?

tell me what i will add to the lua to make it for some ranks not admin :)

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: help
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 09:10:48 AM »
You should ask the developer for assistance since we don't have access to see his code.
We can't see the code he uses, but you would need to add IsUserGroup checks to the line area that the author likely uses IsAdmin or IsSuperAdmin
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 10:01:17 AM »
It seems you're wanting the work done for you, instead of learning and testing/doing some yourself.
I'm not that type of helper.

If you want to look through the code, find where the function(s) that have IsSuperAdmin and or IsAdmin and post that function here in a code block, we may be able to guide you how to add the IsUserGroup checks if you can't figure it out.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 02:17:29 PM »
With the functions I mentioned in my previous post, where do you think we would edit the code?
There's one line, that checks to see if you have admin-only enabled in the addon settings, and then also checks to see if the player IsAdmin.

Offline 3RB

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 05:31:16 PM »
T/C