ULX

Author Topic: I need help with ULX Groups  (Read 2975 times)

Offline [RG®] Luke

I need help with ULX Groups
« on: September 20, 2015, 05:58:11 AM »
I need help to sort the group's on ULX (VIP, Silver VIP, Gold VIP, Diamond VIP, etc...)

On the game Garry's Mod. Please if you are capable of helping me, do so. I appreciate taking time to help me :)

EDIT: Oh, and i forgot to write that when i created groups like moderator and stuff they couldn't even talk on the chat, so please come and help me ASAP. :(
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 06:06:59 AM by [RG®] Luke »

Offline roastchicken

• Respected Community Member
  • I write code
Re: I need help with ULX Groups
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 06:11:09 AM »
I'm confused as to what you want? If you need help with ULX permissions, type 'ulx usermanagementhelp' into console. It's pretty simple to create new groups, especially if you use XGUI. Just open the ULX menu (!menu or 'ulx menu' in console), go to the groups tab, and under the drop-down menu select 'Manage Groups...'.

Here you can type in the group name, which group it inherits from, and who it can target. If you have any further questions feel free to ask them.
Give a man some code and you help him for a day; teach a man to code and you help him for a lifetime.

Offline [RG®] Luke

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 06:19:05 AM »
I'm confused as to what you want? If you need help with ULX permissions, type 'ulx usermanagementhelp' into console. It's pretty simple to create new groups, especially if you use XGUI. Just open the ULX menu (!menu or 'ulx menu' in console), go to the groups tab, and under the drop-down menu select 'Manage Groups...'.

Here you can type in the group name, which group it inherits from, and who it can target. If you have any further questions feel free to ask them.

So, basicaly i'm lost at this part
ulx setgroupcantarget <group> [<target string>] - Limits what users a group can target. Pass no
  argument to clear the restriction.
Ex 1. ulx setgroupcantarget user !%admin - Guests cannot target admins or above
Ex 2. ulx setgroupcantarget admin !^ - Admins cannot target themselves

Any ideas what can i do to make groups that cant target superadmin and above? eg.: The Diamond VIP Admin has access to the command ulx slap and can slap the Owner (inherits from superadmin). And also some groups were not able to speak.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 08:51:38 AM »
We have a FAQ for this that explains pretty well.
See  How exactly does can_target work?
It seems though you've added a group higher than superadmin however, so instead of superadmin targeting *, you'd want it to target !%superadmin, and instead owner target *

Feel free to ask for more clarification here.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming