Author Topic: Attempt to try using Sound.PlayURL  (Read 10071 times)

Offline WispySkies

• I make random commands and Lua errors.
Re: Attempt to try using Sound.PlayURL
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2015, 05:14:18 PM »
Be warned, using any 3rd party site that grabs Youtube content is 1) against Youtube TOS and 2) may be like playing whack-a-mole - those sites frequently get changed/taken down/blocked by Youtube.
They keep track of referrals, if too many referrals come from a 'download our content so you can do what you want with it' site, they take action.
You're also not supporting your local "pirate" site because you can't see their ads while downloading content not intended by Youtube. :P
You're killing children and puppies this way!

Alright, JamminR, I wont distribute this, hand it out in any way, even if it violates the TOS. Preference to remove the thread, please. And for those of you who read this, take in mind the quote if you want to use it. And one more thing, Timmy, <333333333
It works! Infinite compliments!

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2015, 06:59:30 PM »
If we're asked by some organization to remove it as part of DMCA, we will.
I really think it's great educational code.
Lua allows great hacks to everyday games.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Timmy

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Code monkey
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2015, 07:40:38 AM »
Be warned, using any 3rd party site that grabs Youtube content is 1) against Youtube TOS and 2) may be like playing whack-a-mole - those sites frequently get changed/taken down/blocked by Youtube.
Whoops! I forgot that those YouTube conversion sites are not exactly legal. Thanks for the warning. I will also put a disclaimer in my last post. I don't want to be held responsible for the deaths of any puppies or children! D:

Timmy, <333333333
It works! Infinite compliments!
Awesome! (: Glad that this is working for you.