ULX

Author Topic: How to: Work with Skybox  (Read 2676 times)

Offline MyNameIsJeff

How to: Work with Skybox
« on: November 08, 2015, 03:47:19 PM »
Hello there. I have made my very own Sandbox server on Garry's Mod using SteamCMD and by port forwarding though I am having some troubles ingame. I'd like to disable the Skybox for users except for Admins and the owner which is myself. What I mean by this is when a user tries going into the Skybox, I'd like for it to be blocked and kick them out sending them back to spawn or wherever really. The ranks in my server from least to greatest are Guest (user), Officer (user), Moderator (developer), Administrator (admin) and Manager (superadmin). Thank you and have a great day/night.

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
Re: How to: Work with Skybox
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 10:06:01 PM »
There's really no way to do this easily.
I recall an addon on ScriptFodder called 'Custom Zones' that could do this with some configuration. You might look into that.

Offline WispySkies

• I make random commands and Lua errors.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 01:53:12 PM »

Offline MyNameIsJeff

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 02:22:46 PM »
Sorry but that's not it unless I'm able to put the anti no-clip field(s) in the Skybox and block off the entire thing. This is possible and I've seen it before but I guess nobody here knows. Thank you for trying to help me anyways. I appreciate it.

Offline WispySkies

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 06:12:15 PM »
I have an idea! I'm going to bed now but I'll test something in the morning about it.

Offline WispySkies

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 10:08:36 AM »
So I have 2 things, 1 is that if they are not superadmin it moves them back to where they were. The second is a ULX permission that allows the user granted of the permission to noclip into the skybox. (e.g. /skybox NAME, it can also be assigned to groups so you don't have to /skybox GROUP_MEMBERS) Pick which one you want, or both :p

Offline MyNameIsJeff

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2015, 12:49:09 PM »
I don't get it so unless you can add me on Steam and help me in person, I just won't get it. I'm sorry but I guess nobody cares enough or has the time to help me out with one simple request that takes less than five minutes.

Offline roastchicken

• Respected Community Member
  • I write code
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2015, 01:36:24 PM »
Making an addon for this would not take 5 minutes. If it would, why don't you do it? You would have to make a way for people to define new zones, store those zones, and make it user-friendly. You're asking for help, please don't act entitled to it.

There are addons on scriptfodder.com for a few bucks that will let you define zones. I am pretty sure some of them will allow you prevent people from exiting those zones, in which case you can just cover your map with one. But don't just take my word for it, I wouldn't want you to buy an addon that didn't work for you; Ask the creators of those addons if you're unsure.
Give a man some code and you help him for a day; teach a man to code and you help him for a lifetime.