ULX

Author Topic: Permissions Available to Admin (in users.txt)  (Read 4209 times)

Offline WispySkies

• I make random commands and Lua errors.
Permissions Available to Admin (in users.txt)
« on: January 06, 2016, 03:14:50 PM »
I probably can find this somewhere, but I haven't yet. I'm not a ULX admin or have RCON, but an admin on users.txt. What can you actually do as that besides getting Admin Only guns?

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Permissions Available to Admin (in users.txt)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 06:24:25 PM »
I'm confused by what you mean 'not a ulx admin, but have admin in users.txt'.
If the group is actually called "admin", that gives you access to admin Gmod access guns/commands/whatever IsAdmin() through ulx, unless the server host has modified group admin commands.
Either way, besides the standard Gmod 'admin' group stuff, go to your game console and type "ulx help" to see all that ULX gives you on the server your in the users.txt for.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline WispySkies

• I make random commands and Lua errors.
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 04:26:33 AM »
I'm confused by what you mean 'not a ulx admin, but have admin in users.txt'.
Oh, sorry. *facepalm* In the standard Garry's Mod users.txt groups (Admin/Super -- which Garry's name is already in :P -- where you put your steam ID and name and stuff). If you are not added to Superadmin/Admin in ULX, and not have RCON, what can you do as an admin through standard Garry's mod groups? Being an admin on there does not make me a ULX admin. I hope that's clarified, or Im just not making sense to myself and you. ^-^

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 07:06:11 PM »
By default, ULX loads gmod's users.txt.
If you are admin in gmod's users.txt, you should also be in ULX.
Lua is case sensitive though. If you are Admin in ULX, but admin in Gmod, ULX won't see you as admin.

Either way, if you've set up gmod users.txt properly, didn't put // in front of your steamid (Garry's is commented out using //), then any script, including Gmod itself, will see you as admin using the IsAdmin() function in Lua.
As for what all Gmod gives you by default, sorry, I do not know.
Many commands in the Gmod Options Gui menu, clean up, etc, weapons.

"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming