ULX

Author Topic: Uppl -- Ulysses Per Prop Limit. Restrict specified props to a certain number!  (Read 83678 times)

Offline blacksythe

ok I will play around a bit and ill see whati can come up with although looking at the files i think that its still under the 8k limit

ok after doing some more research i found the answer to my problem was being an idiot like i usually am after fault reading and re reading your instructions i may have found my problem

Thanks for all your help guys the original fault was not the one posted it was me
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 06:18:09 AM by blacksythe »

Offline Avien

Does this still work with the new update?

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
Probably
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline Sparrowhawk

Hello.  I've just setup a garry's mod dedicated server and I'm wondering if I can use this addon to disable spawning of the jeep vehicle.  The problem is it seems to crash our server pretty often and I wanna make it so people can't spawn it as a vehicle.  Will this plugin merely allow me to prevent it being spawned as a prop?  Or will it work to prevent it being spawned as a usable vehicle as well?  Also, I'm having trouble tracking down the patch for the jeep model so I can try it out.  Any help is appreciated, thank you very much.

-Matt

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
This just restricts props. Anything else would require different hooks. The easiest way to disable jeeps is to go into the scripts/Vehicles folder and delete test_jeep.txt

Offline Sparrowhawk

This just restricts props. Anything else would require different hooks. The easiest way to disable jeeps is to go into the scripts/Vehicles folder and delete test_jeep.txt

I will try that.  Thank you very much.

Offline Avien

Kind of old, but as of recently my uppl commands are making my sandbox.ini get rather large.  I tried adding the commands to my server.cfg and i just get console spammed with unknown command: uppl_add

Is there something that needs to be done in order to make it work in the server.cfg?

« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 03:38:14 PM by Avien »

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
server.cfg executes before lua starts and is the default Source server startup file.
ULX has a server.ini
You can split files off from it using "ulx exec <filename>" within it. I forget the path the exec file must be in.
It would either be /cfg, or /lua
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Avien

So i need to make a few .ini files and then call the exec command in each one to load the next one?  My current sandbox.ini is 6kb, and it seems to be working fine.

I was also looking through the readme and it said something about making this work with the stacker tool, i also searched the forums and couldn't seem to find the answer.  Anyone know where this change might be hiding in the forums?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 01:17:29 PM by Avien »

Offline Chironex

• Formerly known as Kyzer
http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,923.0.html

Next time, use the search tool ;)

And: there is a limit in files, only a certain amount of commands (or file size, can't remember) will be executed, the rest is simply ignored.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 02:23:20 PM by Kyzer »

Offline Avien

I guess it helps when you search for the right thing.  I kept searching for adv dupe, when those already work with uppl.

Offline Avien

I have recently been working on trying to split my uppl limits into three files; prop1.cfg, prop2.cfg, and prop3.cfg

I have also tried making them a .lua.

I edited my server.ini and added:
ulx exec prop1.cfg
ulx exec prop2.cfg
ulx exec prop3.cfg

or

ulx exec prop1.lua, etc....

I get the following in my console.log

game.ConsoleCommand blocked or something like that

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
You're not allowed to use exec.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
You're not allowed to use exec.
To be clearer about Megiddo's cryptic one liner, Garry doesn't allow use of exec.
Megiddo, what about if he were to manually place the dll file we used to have. Would that work?
Perhaps we could offer it for download and instruction since it's not part of svn (or is it?)
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
To be clearer about Megiddo's cryptic one liner, Garry doesn't allow use of exec.
Megiddo, what about if he were to manually place the dll file we used to have. Would that work?
Perhaps we could offer it for download and instruction since it's not part of svn (or is it?)

I'm probably going to reintroduce it soon anyways... just be patient Avien. :P