ULX

Author Topic: Uppl -- Ulysses Per Prop Limit. Restrict specified props to a certain number!  (Read 84071 times)

Offline Thermal

its a model thats fake (has no actual visible model or collisions) and crashes server upon spawning

Just go into garrysmod\models and delete the cs_fix.mdl file, but remember to delete it from there again if you update your gmod server
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 11:17:04 PM by Thermal »

Offline Element01

Hey  :) I noticed one other person has asked this before me, but is it possible to use this to alter prop limits of specific user groups? e.g. users can have 1 phx/ramp.mdl, VIP's can have 5 phx/ramp.mdl, where as admins can have 100 phx/ramp.mdl.. If this can't be done, do you know where I could find a prop limit dependant on user groups? Cheers if anybody could shed some light on this.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 10:47:16 AM by Element01 »

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
Not currently, no.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline roxon101

Re: Uppl -- Ulysses Per Prop Limit. Restrict specified props to a certain number
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2008, 02:46:14 AM »
I noticed that this script will stop working on a map change.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
Re: Uppl -- Ulysses Per Prop Limit. Restrict specified props to a certain number!
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2008, 03:32:18 AM »
Can anyone else confirm?

Offline roxon101

Re: Uppl -- Ulysses Per Prop Limit. Restrict specified props to a certain number
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2008, 03:10:25 AM »
Well I'd like this to be fixed please. Because I would like to be able to change maps and keep it running.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
Re: Uppl -- Ulysses Per Prop Limit. Restrict specified props to a certain number!
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2008, 03:24:55 AM »
You're the only one having this issue apparently. Try removing all other mods except ULX/ULib and see if it still happens. Might be a conflict.

Offline roxon101

« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2008, 05:48:37 PM »
Ok I tried that but it still didn't work. I don't think it'd be a conflict if it actually works fine on a server startup but then all of a sudden stops working on a map change. Maybe if someone else who runs this mod could post saying this happens/doesn't happen to them we could fix this issue. I'm no lua genius, but maybe it was coded to only run on server startup?

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2008, 05:53:41 PM »
Ok I tried that but it still didn't work. I don't think it'd be a conflict if it actually works fine on a server startup but then all of a sudden stops working on a map change. Maybe if someone else who runs this mod could post saying this happens/doesn't happen to them we could fix this issue. I'm no lua genius, but maybe it was coded to only run on server startup?

There's no distinction in lua between a server startup and a map change.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2008, 07:53:59 PM »
Playing devils' advocate here -
UPPL uses PlayerInitialSpawn. We (Team Ulysses) all know how problematic that has been for many of our scripts.
Megiddo, perhaps Garry's recent updates/fixes for other known issues have caused an even more problematic issue with PlayerInitialSpawn after a map change.
Remember, Garry DID just release a patch that corrected what comwalk reported as most noticeable after a map change.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline tony

• Happy Day.
Does anyone know how to go about restricting those bouncy balls and melon friends?
Any help would be appreciated, those tend to get spammed CONSTANTLY

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
UPPL only monitors prop spawns. I don't believe scripted entities can be monitored by UPPL.
(Technically, SENTs don't even have to include/use a prop, they can be an effect/sprite)
I've think I've seen a few requests of Jay in his URestrict release to add the ability to control SENTS.
See the Releases forum here for URestrict, ask if he's included it there, and if not suggest it to him.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline tony

• Happy Day.
Thanks for the reply and the info.

I found this addon:
http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=53773

which solved the issue.

Offline Iper

Where shall you put the .cfg file that you make with the values? ???

Edit:

nvm i saw it in the readme :) :)

« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 01:27:27 PM by Iper »

Offline Cephalexin

Hey I use this and it is the best ever, however is it possible that it can be made more like URestrict? so the server config does not need to be used and it can be changed perm in game?

Thanks!