Author Topic: Help with multiple issues via ULX  (Read 2309 times)

Offline Kyle William

Help with multiple issues via ULX
« on: January 23, 2016, 06:10:46 AM »
Good evening (afternoon).

I apologize for posting this topic, as I'm sure there have been others posted about the same thing. I just like to ask my specific questions and communicate myself with you guys.

I'm having a few issues with this new version of ULX, and I'm not the most proficient with computers so it's already beyond me.

1. MOTD. I did search for this in your threads and found a few things that I think will help, but I wanted to ask myself just in case something new is wrong. I am using a Mac OSX Yosemite, FileZilla to connect to my dedicated server. I've had several issues already (because I'm using a Mac. Don't get on me about it, I'm already about to throw it at the wall). I want my MOTD to show my server's webpage (don't we all?), and I actually had it working for one round last night. Then a new map loaded and it disappeared again. Furthermore, when I pull up the MOTD for me, I get script errors. I saw in a previous post that as of 1 Jan 16 you guys are having issues with the MOTD? I also saw it was recommended that this user should download an older version of it. As a very unknowledgeable computer guy, could I get some further info on what the issue is and what I need to do exactly to fix this?

2. I added myself to the "superadmin" group, and added someone else to the "admin" group. However, they were unable to even pull up the ULX menu, nevermind use any commands. Any suggestions?

Offline roastchicken

• Respected Community Member
  • I write code
Re: Help with multiple issues via ULX
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 06:35:25 AM »
Which version are you using? Workshop? Github? Stable release?
Give a man some code and you help him for a day; teach a man to code and you help him for a lifetime.

Offline Kyle William

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 07:15:50 AM »
Which version of ULX? I downloaded the versions off this site. So whichever Ulysses put out two days ago. Haha.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 07:20:13 AM »
On #1, can you share the errors you're getting? The MOTD in the "beta" version has undergone lots of changes lately, but the release version's MOTD has been stable for a long time.

On #2, sounds like your permissions may be messed up. If you don't mind starting fresh, I'd recommend running "ulx resettodefaults" in your server console.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline Kyle William

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 07:27:15 AM »
I'm actually reinstalling it as of right now. I'm not sure what happened; tried to upload another addon and my entire server crashed. When I deleted addon #2 (not ULX) and got the server back up, ULX wasn't working at all. I'm in the process of deleted it now, and then I will reupload.

I actually did not check to see what specific errors were showing up on my console when I did the "MOTD" command. I will when I get it back up.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 07:32:56 AM »
Note that reinstalling the addon will not "reset" ULX, since the data is stored outside the addons folder.

Offline Kyle William

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2016, 07:46:20 AM »
Right. I just want to get back to where I was.

I'm not sure if you'd have any experience with this one, but I'm now unable to upload the ULIB folder to my server. ULX uploaded just fine, but 25 portions of the ULIB folder failed to upload via FZ with a "550 access is denied" response.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2016, 08:14:18 AM »
Make sure your server is off, delete the addon folders you want to reinstall, upload them, then start the server. The server usually locks files while it's on.

Offline Kyle William

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2016, 08:20:10 AM »
Disregard that last post. I'm not sure what it was, but I put on my VPN and it worked.

Alright. So some success! Issue #1 (fingers crossed, please!) seems to be resolved with the reupload. I can now see my webpage via the MOTD.