Ulysses Stuff > Ulysses Release Archives

Utime - Ultimate Edition [Who needs other versions now?]

(1/8) > >>

Beast:
As if my last implementation wasn't enough, here comes the crown of the Utime modules.

This is meant to put down the need for any other Utime module, whether it be MySQL or just the default!  This addon trumps them both with it's additions and ability for future expansion.
What's So "Ultimate"?
- Well, with the help of FPjte's MySQLite module, there is now support for MySQL via tmysql4 and mysqloo as well as local SQLite storage.
- Adapted from my previous iteration, uploading of current data to a MySQL database.
- Ability to add two new columns if using SQLite - Allows for people to make addons that can use the Utime data.
- Fixed joining message.
- Addition of two columns (SteamID and Playername) - Players are still traced by UniqueID to make use of previous data, however it now can be expanded with the SteamID implementation.

Installation:
- Drag and drop into addons
- Configure sh_utime_config.lua

Notes:
- Using this will clear your server entirely as well as place a password on it.  A [MAINTENANCE] tag will be placed in front of of your hostname to inform players of what is going on.
- Use the readme.txt for full instructions!

Support:
This addon comes as is!  I will not be providing direct support to any of the users, however, I will still be fixing bugs and taking community input for the addon.

Make sure that you read the readme.txt before posting for any sort of help on here!

https://github.com/xbeastguyx/Utime-Ultimate

monkeymacman:
Wait... So on UTime MySQL at some point you said "removed pointless Steam ID and playername columns" but in here you say "added steamid and playername columns" as a good thing? I'm confused, also, I'm not understanding, what's the difference?

roastchicken:
Not sure why he would remove SteamID's, but the reason to have them is because A) uniqueids can only be found for online players and B) uniqueids sometimes collide (two players with the same uniqueid), steamids never collide

Beast:
Originally I thought those columns weren't needed, as I was thinking for strictly having data storage, not displaying the data.

UniqueID is only good for data storage, however you cannot trace people's names from it nor their Steam ID.

I added them back for the ability to expand and use this with other addons.  This means that anyone with some knowledge can query from the UTime database and figure out which player they're grabbing data from versus just some numbers.

Angrypygmy:
I'm not sure if this was intended for a specific reason, but all of the database information is in a shared file. This seems like quite a scary exploitable security issue, since clients can get a hold of shared files rather easily if they know what they're doing. Please do correct me if i'm wrong here. Just figured i'd point this out to anyone who decides to use this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version