General > News

ULX v3.70 and ULib v2.60 -- Metiejo

<< < (3/4) > >>

Bytewave:

--- Quote from: Megiddo on February 18, 2016, 12:50:08 PM ---I believe people are annoyed that if you grant "ulx banid" to an admin, they can then ban superadmins, even though this is not allowed via "ulx ban". This was an intentional gap originally, since we supported adding users by several different methods (not just steamids), so there was no simple way to know if the targeted steamid was a superadmin or not.

Today, it is possible to know if they are a higher-level admin, but the gap remains. Traditionally we've recommended people not give "ulx banid" to people they think might abuse it, but annoyance continues to abound; we are sympathetic. I know exactly how this could be supported in the current ULX, but the risk/reward is low enough that we are punting until ULX4.

--- End quote ---
You shouldn't have to support bad practice. :p

roastchicken:
Honestly people complaining "help please fix this intentional feature because my awful admins are ab00sing it1!!!" is scary. Does nobody understand how to select trustworthy staff?

Bytewave:

--- Quote from: roastchicken on February 19, 2016, 07:58:46 AM ---Honestly people complaining "help please fix this intentional feature because my awful admins are ab00sing it1!!!" is scary. Does nobody understand how to select trustworthy staff?

--- End quote ---
Pay-per-admin. I guarantee it.

rNd:
Pardon my ignorance as I was not the guy who originally setup ULX on my server but are there any specific instructions for updating ULX? Such as a settings file or something along those lines that needs to be maintained or can ulx/ulib just be deleted and the new folders tossed in?

Thank you guys so much for keeping up the support with ULX and Ulib for so many years!

Bytewave:

--- Quote from: rNd on February 20, 2016, 04:02:22 PM ---Pardon my ignorance as I was not the guy who originally setup ULX on my server but are there any specific instructions for updating ULX? Such as a settings file or something along those lines that needs to be maintained or can ulx/ulib just be deleted and the new folders tossed in?

Thank you guys so much for keeping up the support with ULX and Ulib for so many years!

--- End quote ---
ULX and ULib are drop & go. Just shut down your server, clone the latest build from Github, and replace your current builds of both.
All data files should be backwards-compatible and converted if need be.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version