Author Topic: Please Help.. I messed up.  (Read 1390 times)

Offline SamXXVI

Please Help.. I messed up.
« on: February 28, 2016, 05:03:11 AM »
My co-owner who has superadmin right thought they were being helpful and changed the name of superadmin to Owner. We were both in the superadmin group and now we have lost all access to both superadmin and Owner as the commands don't exist.

We can give ourselves admin access via console but thats all we can do. We have a lot of members on the server and a lot of little groups for auto promote, so i don't really want to reset that. Is there anyway I can default the superadmin group in the lua files without basically having to delete all the data and restarting.

Offline SamXXVI

Re: Please Help.. I messed up.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 05:18:58 AM »
Don't worry, I managed to change all the settings back in the lua files of the groups and kind of defaulted it from there.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Please Help.. I messed up.
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 10:02:19 AM »
Never edit superadmin.
Gmod expects a superadmin.
I've no clue what you edited to 'set to default', but you shouldn't be editing lua files to get rid of what Gmod expects as a group named superadmin to exist.
At best, someone here could have told you how to rename the superadmin group in data/Ulib/groups.txt back to superadmin.
Now, we only guess as to what you may have broken, and you may have made your issue worse.

"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming