Author Topic: Changing map votelist at the end of round in prop hunt  (Read 6300 times)

Offline devxrai

Changing map votelist at the end of round in prop hunt
« on: March 03, 2016, 09:58:52 PM »
This sub-forum is only for help or discussion regarding projects created by Team Ulysses. If you are requesting help, please search the forums FIRST to make sure your question has not already been answered. If you still need help, fill in the following information.

My ULib/ULX versions (run "ulx version" in console): 3.70
ULib v..
ULX v..

Game mode(s) I am having this problem on: prophunt

Lua errors shown in console, if any:
Code: [Select]
<insert errors here>

my problem is when the prophunt game ends after 10 rounds a votemap list comes up that looks like the fretta map list or it is. and has maps labeled "de_nameofmap"
and i have looked all over the web and i have looked inside all the files to see where to remove maps from the list and i have also added them to the exclude maps from votemap list but after 10 rounds it still has those maps in the votemap menu and i dont want them there i have restarted the server after changing the files maps but nothing changes. Does anyone know how to change the maps here?

Offline Undercover Orange

• Leader of Undercover Gaming Community
Re: Changing map votelist at the end of round in prop hunt
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 12:30:52 AM »
hi. this is the owner of another prop hunt server. im wondering if you still have this problem? if so i can help you. its fairly easy
~ Undercover Orange

Offline Buzzkill

• Respected Community Member
    • The Hundred Acre Bloodbath
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2016, 09:35:38 PM »
Sounds like you're mounting CS:S content.  Check your /cfg/mount.cfg file...  you'll see something like this..

"mountcfg"
{
"cstrike" /home/steam/content/css/cstrike
}

You can rem out  (//) the cstrike entry if you want.  However, it's entirely possible that you in fact >want< to mount CSS content to support various CSS props/models, etc that you're running that rely on CSS content.  If that's the case, then yes...  you'll need to edit the mapvote system you're using to expressly blacklist the maps you don't want available for vote.

If you are using a fretta-based prophunt, then the map list is built/handled in sv_gmchanger.lua.  You'd edit the following to have it ignore maps you didn't care about (ie, not add them to AllMaps if they match a specific set of strings or pattern).

local AllMaps = file.Find( "maps/*.bsp", "GAME" )
for key, map in pairs( AllMaps ) do
AllMaps[ key ] = string.gsub( map, ".bsp", "" )
end

Offline Undercover Orange

• Leader of Undercover Gaming Community
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 12:56:25 AM »
its a bit easier than that if hes saying what i think hes saying
~ Undercover Orange