ULX

Author Topic: Timer Error: ULib/server/ucl.lua:601: attempt to index field '?' (a nil valu  (Read 4284 times)

chris

help

Timer Error: ULib/server/ucl.lua:601: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
      Timer Error: ULib/server/ucl.lua:601: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Offline spbogie

• Ulysses Team Member
Who? What? Where? When? Why?

We need more information.

"Help <insert random error here>" doesn't give us anywhere near enough information to do anything about it.

When did/does it happen? What were you doing? What do you think caused it? What else do you have installed?
How can we reproduce the error so we can find and solve the problem?
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas A. Edison
I reject your reality and substitute my own. - Adam Savage

Offline shanedude

Same error I get.  :-[

Offline TomatoSoup

Good job Shane, not helping.

I seem to get this error (sometimes) when people join. It hasn't done it recently, but when it did occur, it was whenever someone initially spawned.

Offline shanedude

Good job Shane, not helping.

I seem to get this error (sometimes) when people join. It hasn't done it recently, but when it did occur, it was whenever someone initially spawned.

I've already made a whole thread on it, so go good job yourself.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 01:15:12 PM by shanedude »

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Children, I must step in. You were all beaten by almost a month here.
http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,856.0.html
and by several days on our official bug tracker.
http://www.ulyssesmod.net/bugs/view.php?id=93

UNFORTUNATELY, no one has provided us with many of the questions Spbogie asked above so we can track it down.
We run a server, I'm sure he would have seen it by now if it were reproducable ALL the time.
Does it seem to affect anything else?
Who? = (Server start, or Joining Admins, players, all of the above?)
What? = (Not just the error, but, are there side effects when it happens?)
Where? = (On server start. On player join? Listen server only, dedicated server only, all of the above?)
When? = (Some of the above answers apply, but, also in game, during spawn, during admin command?)
Why? = (You may not know this technically, but, give details as to whats going on, and maybe other mods you think might be conflicting. Does something else stop working when you see this error)

We may seem mean. We're not.
We're just developers who are tired of the "it doesn't work" post and run mentality.

Edit (spbogie): It was me not Megiddo.
Edit (JamminR): Sorry Spbogie!.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 07:28:38 PM by JamminR »
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
Alright, well, now that I have a dedicated console I can watch, I was able to reproduce this error on my own. It was whenever an unprivileged user joined, it tried to send a non-existent access table.

It's all fixed up for ULX v1.11 though!
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.