Author Topic: ULX Tmysql4 ranks! :) :) :)  (Read 4405 times)

Offline Jonathan-5

ULX Tmysql4 ranks! :) :) :)
« on: May 03, 2016, 07:55:06 AM »
Is this possible to implement to ULX by default?
I only saw 1 version for this which uses Mysqloo which means that if a kid uses a $15 booter then the connection is lost for good until a restart happens which means losing players which means dead community. Which means why hasn't anyone made this yet?

Offline roastchicken

• Respected Community Member
  • I write code
Re: ULX Tmysql4 ranks! :) :) :)
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 09:02:17 AM »
I highly doubt that ULX supports any MySQL module by default. People have been generous enough to make addons to support MySQL in ULX, and I guess those use MySQLOO. I'm not sure why you think/where you heard that MySQLOO is vulnerable to being permanently disconnected from the MySQL server by a DDOS.

I would encourage you to be careful of your attitude/tone when asking about people making addons. Might just be me, but I think your comment about people not making a ULX MySQL integration addon using TMySQL4 yet sounded a bit entitled. It's quite a lot of work to integrate MySQL with ULX, and there probably hasn't been one made utilizing TMySQL4 because the people who can and are willing to make a MySQL integration addon wished to use MySQLOO. Just because something might be a better idea doesn't mean it will be done.
Give a man some code and you help him for a day; teach a man to code and you help him for a lifetime.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 04:11:45 PM »
Is this possible to implement to ULX by default?
Sure!
You go right ahead and make an addon for it.
ULib has plenty of pre and post UCL change and command watch hooks that would allow you to do so.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Jonathan-5

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 03:58:44 PM »
Well I can tell you for a fact that one simple DDoS that bypasses the firewall even for 10 seconds can disconnect the MySQL and Mysqloo is retarded and wont even put an effort to reconnect... just the facts here buddy and I don't see why it would be a good idea to EVER use Mysqloo for ANYTHING.

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2016, 04:22:49 PM »
Well I can tell you for a fact that one simple DDoS that bypasses the firewall even for 10 seconds can disconnect the MySQL and Mysqloo is retarded and wont even put an effort to reconnect... just the facts here buddy and I don't see why it would be a good idea to EVER use Mysqloo for ANYTHING.

MySQLoo was the only working addon for a while. Some people don't feel like switching or learning the new one.
As for the DDOS thing, any coder worth their weight would do connectivity health checks and reconnect when necessary.

Offline davidk911

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 01:57:09 AM »

Its not a problem on dedicated servers with basic ddos mitigation, try changing your host.