ULX

Author Topic: TS3 for GMod  (Read 3505 times)

Offline Government Official

TS3 for GMod
« on: May 11, 2016, 06:33:25 PM »
I Have a TeamSpeak Server with a Garry's Mod Channel For you to be able to voice chat and Meet new peeps who love playing Gmod like you

TS3 IP: 70.189.104.244

Offline Ethan Christie

Re: TS3 for GMod
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 07:35:15 PM »
Failed to connect to server  :o

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 02:27:59 PM »
Moving this to Archives:
My Reason's
1) It's not really advertising a community or Gmod game server, which, we as Team Ulysses MIGHT be more willing to forgive if it weren't for absolutely reason #2, and slightly #3
2) It's not operational, according to a previous post, and an online nmap scan I just did of common TF3 TCP ports (9987, 30033, 10011, 41144)
3) This reason not so much, but contributes overall, it seems to be run from a home ISP and not a true dedicated host.

Don't get me wrong, #3 will not get community servers removed alone.
Reasons #1 and #2 were the greatest contributing factors.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline LuaTenshi

• Just your ordinary moon angel!
    • Mirai.Red
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 02:31:57 PM »
For clarity, are "Community Servers" only for Game servers that run ULX as an Admin Mod or can there be other servers like Discord, TeamSpeak, etc?
I cry every time I see that I am not a respected member of this community.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 02:34:50 PM »
For clarity
Please see 2nd sentence of sticky post "About this sub-forum"
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline iViscosity

• Respected Community Member
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2016, 09:34:20 PM »
Sorry if this is still a stupid question, but even after reading the sticky post, I'm still kind of confused. Do you mean that we can -only- advertise actual GAME servers? Or, things like LuaTenshi said, Discord, TeamSpeak, etc.?
I'm iViscosity. I like gaming and programming. Need some help? Shoot me PM.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2016, 09:47:14 PM »
Do you mean that we can -only- advertise actual GAME servers? Or, things like LuaTenshi said, Discord, TeamSpeak, etc.?
we'd prefer that the server is running Team Ulysses releases, but any server is welcome here.
Please add a GameTracker banner to your thread about your server(s). This lets us and other members quickly know if the server is still online and populated before trying to join a server that is no longer active.

If you advertise other servers, make sure they're game related, I'd even go so far as what MrPresident has asked in the thread, make sure it can be tracked by adding a gametracker post.