ULX

Author Topic: Disabling ULX MOTD but keeping Custom MOTD  (Read 1621 times)

Offline DangerOnPc

Disabling ULX MOTD but keeping Custom MOTD
« on: May 15, 2016, 04:12:26 AM »
Hiya guys,

Not sure if this should go here but it said that things to help people should go here.

I have been searching for the past 3 days of how to disable the default ULX MOTD but not disable the custom MOTD that i have installed. I'd tried all the usual things such as deleting the ulx files that have the MOTD details on them. I tried changing ulx_showMOTD to 0 but this disabled my custom MOTD too.

Finally i found a solution that people can use and it works brilliantly! :D

1. Go to the folder ulx > lua > ulx > modules > cl
2. Open the motdmenu.lua file
3. On line 15 of this file their should be the line "window:SetVisible( true )
4. Change the "true" part of this line to "false".
5. Save the file and re-upload either this file or the entire ULX addon to the server (which ever one you want it doesn't matter)
6. You now will see that your default ULX motd is gone but your custom one has stayed!

I hope this helps at least one person :)

Thanks guys!
Danger

Offline roastchicken

• Respected Community Member
  • I write code
Re: Disabling ULX MOTD but keeping Custom MOTD
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 05:17:30 AM »
I'm not sure why a custom MOTD would disappear if ulx_showMOTD is set to 0. It sounds like the creator of the MOTD is doing something wrong.
Give a man some code and you help him for a day; teach a man to code and you help him for a lifetime.

Offline DangerOnPc

Re: Disabling ULX MOTD but keeping Custom MOTD
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 05:18:41 AM »
Thats why I kept getting really confused :/ but I tried installing 2 seperate motd systems and they both acted the same way when ulx_showMotd was set to 0... so i had to find another way of getting around it