Author Topic: Need help setting up perms for ranks  (Read 2226 times)

Offline FancyFisherman

Need help setting up perms for ranks
« on: May 14, 2016, 09:24:25 AM »
So on my new TTT G mod server, I have this RDM manager that lets you report only when admins are on. We I have a trial-mod or a Mod on, it does not classify them as admins so they can not view or use the damage logs or the RDM manager using F8. This also applies to players typing "@[Message]" it says their are no admins on when a T-mod or a Mod is on. How can this be fixed?

Offline roastchicken

• Respected Community Member
  • I write code
Re: Need help setting up perms for ranks
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 12:11:39 PM »
You will probably want to search the code for IsAdmin(). This function returns whether or not a player is in the admin group. To allow all of your staff to be counted as "admins" from the addon's point of view, you'll want to replace that with a permission check (ucl.query) for a certain permission that you give all of your staff groups.
Give a man some code and you help him for a day; teach a man to code and you help him for a lifetime.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 12:29:20 PM »
Not much of any of your questions are having to do with ULX - Your asking questions about group access in Gmod. Though ULX can make it easier, it's not a 'how to ulx' question.
As for the @, @ is the shortcut for asay, you want to give groups who you want to see that message the "ulx seeasay" access.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline iViscosity

• Respected Community Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 12:53:43 PM »
I know one of his questions though, being with the Damagelogs, that's something that you have to edit manually. If you're using it from the same place I got it, just go to garrysmod\addons\TTTDamagelogs-master\lua\damagelogs\config\config.lua and add in your ranks following the format (THEY MUST BE EXACT)

And, following with JamminR said, to grant that access it's in the !menu > groups tab
I'm iViscosity. I like gaming and programming. Need some help? Shoot me PM.