Author Topic: End Round Music Menu for ULX...  (Read 1629 times)

Offline Guthechtx

End Round Music Menu for ULX...
« on: June 18, 2016, 05:59:47 AM »
Hi guys, I have a question, because this isn't working for me: https://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php?topic=6917.0
I know it is old, but it looks so good and easy but i can't get it to work for me. I've put the lua file in "addons/ulx/lua/ulx/modules/sh" but nothing works.
I noticed that the lua file was not loaded in the console...

My versions:
ULib v2.61w
ULX v3.71w

Gamemode: TTT

« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 09:28:16 AM by Guthechtx »

Offline roastchicken

• Respected Community Member
  • I write code
Re: End Round Music Menu for ULX...
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 08:11:19 AM »
A few things:

1. You should not be messing around in addons/ulx. If you want to modify or extend ULX, please do so in your own addon folder that mimics the folder structure of the ulx addon. For example, if you want to put the file in garrysmod/addons/ulx/lua/ulx/modules/sh, instead put it in garrysmod/addons/myaddon/lua/ulx/modules/sh.

2. This script is quite old (2+ years), so it's quite possible that TTT or Garry's Mod was changed in a way that conflicts with the script.

A couple of things you can do to troubleshoot:

• Put a 'print' or 'MsgN' call at the top of the lua file you're trying to load. This is to make sure it's actually being loaded: if you see something printed in console, it works. If not, you need to figure out why it's not loading before proceeding.
  • After you have determined that it is indeed loading, look for any console errors.
Give a man some code and you help him for a day; teach a man to code and you help him for a lifetime.

Offline Guthechtx

Re: End Round Music Menu for ULX...
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 10:13:02 AM »
yeah i didn't get it to work but now i'm using an other addon but thanks anyway