Author Topic: ScreenGrab to ULX Menu?  (Read 9603 times)

Offline iViscosity

• Respected Community Member
Re: ScreenGrab to ULX Menu?
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2016, 12:05:49 PM »
That might be a bit hard to do with over 600 lines of code. Looking through it myself I don't know if that would be possible.
I'm iViscosity. I like gaming and programming. Need some help? Shoot me PM.

Offline roastchicken

• I write code
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2016, 03:40:23 PM »
I don't think any clientRPC needs to be done. The former developer seems to have done a well enough job with the actual screen capturing; they just fell short at the VGUI. Basically what we need to do is find out which things need to be sent to the server (seems to be using net messages) and send those within a ULX command. I'm going to take a more in-depth look tonight if I have the time.
Give a man some code and you help him for a day; teach a man to code and you help him for a lifetime.

Offline Kaitlin Barrette

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2016, 07:02:23 PM »
I don't think any clientRPC needs to be done. The former developer seems to have done a well enough job with the actual screen capturing; they just fell short at the VGUI. Basically what we need to do is find out which things need to be sent to the server (seems to be using net messages) and send those within a ULX command. I'm going to take a more in-depth look tonight if I have the time.

Definitely appreciate it, and there is no errors when performing the command itself in-game or in-console.

Offline roastchicken

• I write code
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2016, 01:05:31 PM »
That's strange that you encounter no errors; I just put it on my server and I'm already getting some errors...

List of bugs I've encountered:

line 642:
Code: [Select]
    progress.num = um:ReadFloat()my Random "my" in the code... Not sure why it's there, but I just removed it.

line 57: attempt to call method 'CanScreengrab' (a nil value)
    if ply:CanScreengrab() then
For some reason the CanScreengrab meta function was commented out. I uncommented it and set it to return true (for testing purposes)

edit:

doesn't seem like I can screengrab myself, so I'm not sure how I'll be able to test this...

edit 2:

actually I can screengrab myself. Everything seems to work; I can close all the vgui menus. Can you come and test it out on my dev server Kaitlin? I've added you on steam.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 01:21:21 PM by roastchicken »
Give a man some code and you help him for a day; teach a man to code and you help him for a lifetime.

Offline Kaitlin Barrette

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2016, 10:36:30 PM »
That's strange that you encounter no errors; I just put it on my server and I'm already getting some errors...

List of bugs I've encountered:

line 642:
    progress.num = um:ReadFloat()my Random "my" in the code... Not sure why it's there, but I just removed it.

line 57: attempt to call method 'CanScreengrab' (a nil value)
    if ply:CanScreengrab() then
For some reason the CanScreengrab meta function was commented out. I uncommented it and set it to return true (for testing purposes)

edit:

doesn't seem like I can screengrab myself, so I'm not sure how I'll be able to test this...

edit 2:

actually I can screengrab myself. Everything seems to work; I can close all the vgui menus. Can you come and test it out on my dev server Kaitlin? I've added you on steam.

I've tried messaging you on steam, I am available Tuesday / Wednesday this week. Send me a message when you can on steam, please, and thanks!

Offline roastchicken

• I write code
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2016, 03:02:31 AM »
Yes, I've seen that. It seems we're never online at the same time. My timezone is UTC+1, and I imagine you're somewhere in North America so that means you're between six and nine hours behind me.