ULX

Author Topic: Ulx , spawning without weapons  (Read 2991 times)

Offline Kevin

Ulx , spawning without weapons
« on: August 08, 2016, 02:02:15 PM »
hello i have problem , so i have superadmin on my best friend and i have console . So problem is all guys who is Superadmins they are spawning without weapons , so we need to spawn them. and its pretty bad!  please help me . :)

Offline iViscosity

• Respected Community Member
Re: Ulx , spawning without weapons
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 02:07:38 PM »
What game mode is this for
I'm iViscosity. I like gaming and programming. Need some help? Shoot me PM.

Offline LuaTenshi

• Just your ordinary moon angel!
    • Mirai.Red
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 03:10:33 PM »
What addons are you using? Any errors in console?
I cry every time I see that I am not a respected member of this community.

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 12:09:01 AM »
[words]

This isn't really addressing the issue, Ethorbit. Something is causing his players to spawn without weapons. Either a rogue addon, or something breaking the Loadout gamemode hook.

You don't just write a function to put a bandaid over the issue.

Offline roastchicken

• Respected Community Member
  • I write code
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 05:01:34 AM »
Look, I'm trying my best to help people out, why do you insist on correcting me and/or telling me I'm incorrect?
Even if I am just putting a "band-aid" over it, it's still a slight temporary fix and it still works, therefore it's still an answer and it is still help.

All I want to do is help.

If someone has a broken bone, you shouldn't give them pain killers and tell them that the problem's solved. An extreme example, but you should always try to fix the underlying issue. Temporary fixes are just that, temporary. Whatever's causing people to spawn without weapons may cause other issues. Giving a false sense of security can be quite dangerous.
Give a man some code and you help him for a day; teach a man to code and you help him for a lifetime.

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 08:54:00 AM »
Look, I'm trying my best to help people out, why do you insist on correcting me and/or telling me I'm incorrect?
Even if I am just putting a "band-aid" over it, it's still a slight temporary fix and it still works, therefore it's still an answer and it is still help.

All I want to do is help.

Because you didn't offer it as a temporary solution. There are people in the thread trying to get to the bottom of the issue and you just chime in with a half-baked 'solution'.
This isn't the first time you've done stuff like that. While we DO appreciate people who help out around here, there's a line where it stops becoming 'help' and starts becoming you just trying to 'help' as many people as possible even if the help offered is bad.

The issue with offering temporary solutions like this is that the user might just take it and then stop trying to find the solution. Especially because you never claimed that the solution was temporary. For someone like you or me, this may be obvious that it's a temporary fix, but for some people who don't really know better... they may think you've given them the fix because it fixes the symptoms.

I'm sorry if I came off rude, but you're constantly doing this. If you don't have a solution or are not helping to reach a solution, then you really shouldn't be posting in these threads.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 05:05:51 PM by MrPresident »

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2016, 03:34:04 PM »
All answers aside - the original post didn't give enough information for _anyone_ to really help.
This is often the case at this community - most of the community members are used to this and we (as a community) try to get more information, to perhaps then assist.
Indeed, offering solutions without really knowing the problem is shooting a weapon in the dark.
You don't know what you might hit. Property, friend, foe, nothing, all of the above.

I have to agree with my team and the respected member of the community on this one - there was no mention or clarification that a proposed scripted solution should only be tried as temporary or 'until real problem is fixed' solution.

Back on topic - Kevin, ULX has nothing to do with weapon spawning.
Likely an addon - we'd recommend troubleshooting any addons or gamemodes that place restrictions on loadout/weapons/props.
Providing us the output from "ulx debuginfo" from server console may help us help you, but, we're not all going to know what each addon does.
You'd likely learn better if any control access to weapons on spawn.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming