Author Topic: VIP Group physgun World and other user's stuff, Groups are weird.  (Read 1877 times)

Offline xsickxskills

My ULib/ULX versions (run "ulx version" in console):
ULib v2.61w
ULX v3.71w

Game mode(s) I am having this problem on: DarkRP

My vip group is able to physgun world entities and also player's props.

I have prop protection on, and also have it unticked players can physgun world entites. but it is like my vip group is like secretly admin, because admin's can physgun world entites.

Another question what group should inherit from operator.
My groups inheritance goes like this user>donator>vip>supervip>operator>trialmod>trialadmin>moderator>head-moderator>admin>headadmin>superadmin.

My Headadmin group can do anything that says only superadmin can do. Why would that be like that? I used all lowercase, have inheritance done in order. but let's say i add a group between headadmin and superadmin that group can't do what headadmin can do. ie. spawn weapons which is superadmin only to begin with in darkrpmodifications.

Any help would be appreciated.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: VIP Group physgun World and other user's stuff, Groups are weird.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 01:02:58 PM »
My vip group is able to physgun world entities and also player's props.

See FAQ
Help! <Some group> can move <some other groups> props? Why?

As for your other issues, try disabling fadmin.
How do I remove FAdmin from DarkRP?
Come back with what changes if not fixed. Leave it disabled while troubleshooting.

"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline xsickxskills

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 12:33:31 AM »
Okay that pretty much fixed all my problems. Would have never guessed. Thought fadmin and ulx worked seamlessly together. I appreciate your help. Should have disabled it long ago. Only problem is addons wanting it to be there. But i can escape those parts out.

Is there really any reason to keep it? I kind of like /command instead of !command. That was probably only useful thing from it tbh.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 03:11:22 PM »
I've no point of view of what DarkRP's Fadmin does to give an objective opinion of it's need or usefulness.
As for non-objective, I grow weary of the same questions regarding odd group behavior when running ULX that I, with almost 80% or more certainty when someone is running DarkRP and experiencing issue determine the admin mod conflict to be the cause.
As you can see, it was my first guess, and for the majority, correct.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming