Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Chat & Help and Support / Auto sort alphabetically in CMDs menu
« Last post by PremiumSaltine on Yesterday at 11:03:56 PM »
My ULib/ULX versions (run "ulx version" in console):
ULib v2.61
ULX v3.71

I was wondering if its possible to have the user list automatically sorted in alphabetical order in the CMDs menu. It used to always be sorted that way, but I think maybe a gmod update broke it. Now I have to click "Name" in order to sort it that way, and it reverts back as soon as somebody joins the server, it seems.
Suggestions / Re: Discord / Website ULX sync ranks?
« Last post by BraveNM22 on Yesterday at 07:44:50 AM »
So I have no idea for Discord and it looks like people already have an idea for that
However I use mistforums and I know it has a game integration addon that you can download from the admin panel. However I use things like "headmod" as my "Head of Mod" group name in ULX and mistforums will then use "headmod" and and that's my only problem with it :P
Releases / Re: URS BETA - A Highly Customizeable Restriction System (or will be)
« Last post by JamminR on December 05, 2017, 07:08:05 PM »
I really don't know then. I imagine if something (ply:Nick, steamid, or another few variables) is being called and returning nil that error occurring.
Or, the logSpawn function doesn't exist when URS is loaded, but I thought the original author of this release would check for that before load. (I didn't look)
Releases / Re: URS BETA - A Highly Customizeable Restriction System (or will be)
« Last post by LilPeep on December 05, 2017, 12:32:34 AM »
1. The error occurs whenever I try to spawn a Weapon for myself.
2. I have not uninstalled ULX.
3. It does have a log.lua.
4. I do not believe so.
5. I have no idea why.

I will reinstall ULX now and see if that straightens things up.
« Last post by JamminR on December 04, 2017, 06:49:26 PM »
LilPeep - that URS nil field error in line 153 uses a command (logSpawn) that relies on a ULX command.
(Not something we always recommend (that is, we intended ULib to be developed on, but not necessarily ULX))

When playing, when does that error occur?
Have you uninstalled ULX?
If ULX is installed, did you remove it's logs.lua module file?
If ULX is installed, do you have any other addon that might be modifying ULX logging?
Is there any reason why your server would return a nil steamid or playername when someone is online?

« Last post by LilPeep on December 04, 2017, 05:14:50 PM »
I was told to post here in the URS Release Thread by a Staff Member.

So currently Admins on my server are capable of spawning in Weapons, Entities, NPC's, Vehicles and etc just fine, but I would like another ULX Group to be able to do the same, but I cannot have the group inheriting from Administrator due to me wanting them to have the same perms. I originally managed to make it work for another ULX Group using URS, however, URS began to restrict tools and shit in other groups, since I had no idea how to fix it I had to remove it.

TL:DR
How can I make another ULX Group not inherit Admin perms, but still be able to spawn in Weapons, Entities, NPC's, Vehicles and etc just like Admins, but not have URS Restrict Tools, Weapons, Entities, NPC and Vehicles from spawning?

EDIT:
Here is an error I get:

[ERROR] addons/urs-master/lua/ulx/modules/urs_server.lua:153: attempt to call field 'logSpawn' (a nil value)
  1. fn - addons/urs-master/lua/ulx/modules/urs_server.lua:153
   2. Call - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/shared/hook.lua:109
    3. unknown - gamemodes/sandbox/gamemode/commands.lua:739
     4. unknown - lua/includes/modules/concommand.lua:54
Off-Topic / Re: School Laptops
« Last post by BraveNM22 on December 04, 2017, 03:10:48 PM »
I think you asked for a mouse
and the Logitech M310 has been amazing. It's lasted me a whole while
computers on the other hand i dont really know much about. :\
Off-Topic / Re: ULX COMMAND
« Last post by BraveNM22 on December 04, 2017, 03:07:36 PM »
General Chat & Help and Support / Re: ULX Groups spawning same as Administrator
« Last post by JamminR on December 04, 2017, 11:48:01 AM »
You can't.
You'd have to find a URS replacement, or post your issue you had with URS in the URS release forum area of the one you were using and hope someone can help.
"admin spawn checks" are a Gmod function unless modified by the likes of URS.
People either have admin, or they don't.
The latest development version of ULib is now storing bans in SQLite. I thought we had released it already, but apparently not. You'll have to install it manually, of course. Here's the link with more info:
https://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,10520.0.html

And here's where you should download (or grab SVN links for) the latest development versions. The 'fix-37' branch listed in the above thread is now a bit out of date.
https://github.com/TeamUlysses/ulx
https://github.com/TeamUlysses/ulib
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10