Author Topic: Hi  (Read 4141 times)

Jonny Bravo

Hi
« on: October 20, 2008, 08:28:07 AM »
hi, im having some trouble, im trying to set up a lan server ( me and some friends are playing through hamachi, "fake lan" as such) and ive installed ulib and ulx into my garrysmod\garrysmod\addons folder on my hard drive (not sure if this is correct im noobish at gmod servers =( ) and when i creat the game from garrys mod if i type ulx who, i see my name as super admin but if i type "!menu" i get   ":1: attempt to index global 'ulx' (a nil value)"   also if i try say, ulx slap "name" i get  "ulx\modules/fun.lua:28: attempt to call field 'logUserAct' (a nil value)" anyone any ideas? as i say its a lan server created in gmod on my pc, were on hamachi and they can all join the server fine, but i cant seem to get ulx to process any commands =(

thanks in advance and sorry to bother you

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 08:34:06 AM »
You installed it wrong or got a corrupted version. Remove it entirely and reinstall from ulyssesmod.net.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Jonny Bravo

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 08:44:54 AM »
odd, i just downloaded it today from this site, and installed it where i stated in C:\prografiles etc etc etc\gmod\gmod\addons
i dunno maybe it just wasnt ment to be ive been struggling for hours now =( thanks for the speedy response thoough

Offline kdog_111

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 12:58:24 PM »
hi, I'm having some trouble, I'm trying to set up a LAN server ( me and some friends are playing through hamachi, "fake LAN" as such) and Ive installed ulib and ulx into my garrysmod\garrysmod\addons folder on my hard drive (not sure if this is correct I'm noobish at gmod servers =( ) and when i create the game from garrys mod if i type ulx who, i see my name as super admin but if i type "!menu" i get   ":1: attempt to index global 'ulx' (a nil value)"   also if i try say, ulx slap "name" i get  "ulx\modules/fun.lua:28: attempt to call field 'logUserAct' (a nil value)" anyone any ideas? as i say its a LAN server created in gmod on my PC, were on hamachi and they can all join the server fine, but i cant seem to get ulx to process any commands =(

thanks in advance and sorry to bother you
well I'm rather noobish at ulx and servers so I'm with ya. Have you tried !slap "name"? It works for me and i installed it from here too, in where you said.

Also if your the owner of the server can you give owner to others like you can in ASS?

Jonny Bravo

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 08:38:32 AM »
hey, thanks for the reply, i tryed !slap "name" but still nothing, i really cant understand what ive got wrong?, i have a dedicated server running on my old PC and ULX works fine on that, but that was a while ago and i dont want to ahve to run 2 pcs thats y i want it on the one pc with lan, but i just cant quite figure out where ive gone wrong..........

Jonny Bravo

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 08:40:30 AM »
hey sorry forgot to post the error when i tryed slap

[LS ULIB ERROR] Error in calling a say command! ulx\modules/fun.lua:28: attempt to call field 'logUserAct' (a nil value)

Jonny Bravo

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 11:41:37 AM »
i also get this when i type !clientmenu

:1: attempt to index global 'ulx' (a nil value)
 im really not sure what ive done wrong o.O

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 12:21:20 PM »
Is this on the default gamemode? What other addons you have installed?
An error only becomes a mistake when you refuse to correct it. --JFK

"And thus the downfall of the great ULX dynasty was wrought not by another dynasty, but the slow and steady deterioration of the leaders themselves, followed by the deprecation of the great knowledge they possessed." -Gmod, Chapter 28, verse 34 -- Stickly

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2008, 04:57:23 PM »
Jonny, the first big question I have, since you're running hamachi, which makes it act like a local lan is....
If you do a 'status' while other players are connected to your listen server, do they show as having Steam IDs?
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Jonny Bravo

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 06:18:49 AM »
hi thanks for the reply's, my friend will be logging on tonight after work and ill try the status and get back to you on that, and yes its on default gamemode (sandbox) addons, i have none that im aware of as i had to redownload after a recent reformat

ill get back to you soon with an update thanks so far though guys!

Jonny Bravo

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 07:03:59 AM »
hey guys, got it fixed =) totaly uninstalled steam, then reinstalled every game (bah takes its time) and now it seems to be working, must have been something conflicting somewhere that i'd missed, thanks alot for all your help though guys, id appreciate if this thread was kept open till tonight at least so i can test it with my friend and get back if i have any problems, but atm i can use all the admin menus and stuff thanks again!

Jonny Bravo

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2008, 10:54:10 AM »
hey just tryed it out with friends works a treat! thanks guys and this thread can now be closed or delete or whatever =) thanks again!