ULX

Author Topic: Frustrating problem with UTime  (Read 3262 times)

Offline killforfun

Frustrating problem with UTime
« on: August 14, 2011, 12:02:14 PM »
My Utime hours have broke(AGAIN) on my server everyone has 10 hours on the server  -_-
I have no idea why it keeps braking on me any idea what i could do
I have GMod_Sui_Scoreboard_v2_1
and utime version"   "1.41"
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 03:55:47 PM by JamminR »

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
Re: Frustrating problem with UTime
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 04:06:52 PM »
When it "breaks", it resets everyone to 10 hours? I mean, everyone has exactly the same amount of time?
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline killforfun

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 04:25:06 PM »
Both the times it broke the hours it gave us was random but not more then we had before. This time everyone had around 10 hours we were each off by about 20-30 seconds

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 04:16:41 AM »
Almost sounds like some rogue addon is writing across the entire database.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 02:52:48 PM »
FYI for those that don't know. The database Megiddo speaks of is the gmod/sv.db file, which any mod can write to.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline killforfun

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 03:53:26 PM »
If i gave you mt sv.db file could you skim throw it and see if there is nothing in it that shouldn't be in there

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 05:12:23 PM »
If i gave you mt sv.db file could you skim throw it and see if there is nothing in it that shouldn't be in there

There could be anything in there, I don't see how me looking at it would help. With what frequency do the times get reset? Do you notice you or anybody else doing anything in particular? Using any function on any addon?

Offline killforfun

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 05:07:01 PM »
idk i made a batch tile to back up the file in case this happens again

my hours broke for the first time about 1 week ago i looked the hours were correct when i join and then i looked at the scoreboard again about 10 min in to game and they were wrong some people was set to 2 hours some 4 some 3 hours  this happen after i used the remove user command on a player because he was a admin so i removed him and the Apromote would add him to what ever group he should be in with his hours

The second time it happen was the day i made this topic like 3 days ago i joined and ever ones hours were set to 10 hours we were about 20-30 seconds apart

Then it happen the next morning i joined the server around 5 in the morning and some peoples time was lost and i thaght it was everyone time was lost at first but some other people joined and there time was still there

Aloso today my admin got no steam login error so he rejoined and he didn't have admin anymore !?!? idk why that happen

(I have been having a lot of strange stuff happening like for some reason ban for admin was disabled )

And 3 people got no steam log in at the same time and then 5 other people after that got it but not at the same time

(I think my server is done goofed so i should start out fresh and see if that fixes it )

Offline killforfun