Author Topic: Fixing ULX MySQL Auth with FAdmin  (Read 1126 times)

Offline danhaynes9

Fixing ULX MySQL Auth with FAdmin
« on: November 17, 2016, 11:40:24 AM »
This sub-forum is only for help or discussion regarding projects created by Team Ulysses. If you are requesting help, please search the forums FIRST to make sure your question has not already been answered. If you still need help, fill in the following information.

My ULib/ULX versions (run "ulx version" in console):
ULib v2.61d
ULX v3.71d

Game mode(s) I am having this problem on: DarkRP

Lua errors shown in console, if any: none
Code: [Select]
<insert errors here>

So the problem is that I moved all my ulx data to a mysql database (with the ucl.lua that MrPresident made a while ago, http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php?topic=8377.0) and now when players join it loads ulx first so it sets the rank properly from the mysql but then it loads FAdmin and overwrites their usergroup. I would like to keep both as my admins use both. Thanks for the help fellas!

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Fixing ULX MySQL Auth with FAdmin
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 09:04:56 PM »
This isn't a ULib problem, nor a Team Ulysses release issue.
As you describe, ULib is loading perfectly when players join.
This is a Fadmin problem (it's overwriting your settings in UCL)
If you were skilled enough to figure out what you describe for MySQL and user conversion, perhaps figure out a way to prevent Fadmin from overwriting groups yet still allowing commands.

We've notified many people in the past asking this SAME issue regarding two admin mods and groups getting overwritten the same answer many times.
Disable Fadmin.

This may seem callous - perhaps in some ways it is.
We've tried to co-exist - even went so far as to use FPTje's 'universal admin library' which in theory was a good idea.
Then even it started conflicting with standards we tried following.

"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming