Author Topic: 19 Lua problem erros with categories (with ulx DarkRP)  (Read 4621 times)

Offline Placer

19 Lua problem erros with categories (with ulx DarkRP)
« on: August 20, 2017, 11:32:36 AM »
So, i started doing all the groups with ulx after finishing doing all the jobs in darkrp, and entities, with categories too, but when i created a category, and in the time i set configs for it, when i restarted the server i come across with 19 lua problems envolving categories, it was just wrote that a lot of categories i've made didn't exist, same they existing and working normally in the f4 menu and etc, they just show up that don't exist, but do, but there are still 19 lua problems with categories same that they exist, and the errors only appear in the game console, not in the server console, so i will give you a example of what shows up (only 1 error):
[ERROR] A runtime error has occurred in "addons/darkrp_craftingtable/lua/autorun/custom_entities.lua" on line 42.
The best help I can give you is this:

The category of "Iron Bar" ("Crafting Tools") does not exist!

Hints:
   - Make sure the category is created with DarkRP.createCategory.
   - The category name is case sensitive!
   - Categories must be created before DarkRP finished loading.

The responsibility for the error above lies with (the authors of) one (or more) of these files:
   1. addons/darkrp_craftingtable/lua/autorun/custom_entities.lua on line 42
------- End of Simplerr error -------

The conditions above that are said for the categories to work are all attendend, so if someone knows how i can fix my problem i would be thankfull :D

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: 19 Lua problem erros with categories (with ulx DarkRP)
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 02:04:59 PM »
What do you mean by ULX darkrp?
Team Ulysses has nothing called ulx darkrp.
If you developed lua code, you're going to have to show it to us, and, the entire list of errors your getting copy/pasted from your game console.
If it's someone else's release you're having trouble with, you may need to go post in that specific release post.
(You've posted in a section of the forum where people usually ask about programming themselves)
According to the error you've given us, you need to talk with who ever created the "darkrp_craftingtable" addon.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline captain1342

• Quality is our standard
    • Aperture Development - Quality is our standard
Re: 19 Lua problem erros with categories (with ulx DarkRP)
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 09:41:02 AM »
So as far as I see your category "Crafting Tools" does not exist ( I know I am captain obvious )

This problem has nothing to do with ULX but is most likely caused by an lua error in your categories file.

You can check your code with the tool from Falco: https://fptje.github.io/glualint-web/

Please check your categories.lua with it, it should tell you the problem, if not and you don't want to publicate your file, I am willing to help you via DM ;)
Aperture Development
Quality is our standard

Website - GitHub  - Forum  - Steam  - Discord