Author Topic: a little new, need some help  (Read 3496 times)

Offline usarmy

a little new, need some help
« on: December 31, 2007, 11:01:29 AM »
ok im new to garrys mod (just purchased yesterday) and me and my bro want to play together to learn. just 1 v 1 and I clicked, create multi-player and we both hopped in and played but now I wanted to see if there is an admin that worked for this, thats when I  found you guys. does this admin work for this kind of server?

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
Re: a little new, need some help
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 11:04:14 AM »
Yes, that type of server is called a listen server.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline usarmy

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 11:22:38 AM »
ok for file placement from what i understand it says to put the file i downloaded into my garrysmod/addons folder. I did this then type the command in console and get, unknown command ulx help
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 11:46:32 AM by usarmy »

Offline usarmy

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 12:54:25 PM »
im just getting unknown command when i try to use ulx commands? which folders do i put what?

Offline WildWill

• Global Moderator
    • Beast_Building_Server
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 02:45:26 PM »
There are two folders that you'll need to put in addons   "ULX" and "ULIB" Without ULIB, ULX will not work. Hope this helps.

Offline usarmy

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 04:59:57 PM »
OK I got it working, but then I got a little more envious and I downloaded a couple more things, Keep in mind this is a listen server NON DEDICATED.
I Added-

Doorstool
Keypad 3.16
Nuke
and prop protect 1.46
and now my admins dont work, only mine and I take it mine works because I am hosting the server.

Keep in mind this was working before I added these, so are one of these mods not compatible with this admin, that yall might know of?
Also, the kick/ban buttons don't work in the menu, are they not suppsed to work?

Offline usarmy

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 05:57:17 PM »
I figured out which one it was it was prop protection. Does anyone know where I can get a prop protection to work with this admin?
Thanks Last one I need help with (I HOPE)! Also my kick ban doesnt work at all, its like it cant find them when I try to kick it says, target id not found any suggestions how I can kick someone?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 05:59:03 PM by usarmy »

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 08:18:38 PM »
Download the latest version of Simple Prop Protection. It is the latest up-to-date version of a good prop protection out there.. go to www.facepunchstudios.com and go to Lua/Releases it's there somewhere =)

Offline usarmy

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2007, 09:09:01 PM »
cool, you know ahything about my kick/ban not working? it tells me cant find target id..... ive tried it through the admin program and through just the console kickid then there steam same thing.