Author Topic: Any problems?  (Read 5073 times)

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
Any problems?
« on: March 19, 2009, 04:02:28 PM »
Rolled out a few more updates on both ulib and ulx. Let me know if there's any issues pronto.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline scfanatic

Re: Any problems?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 04:35:31 PM »
hi, i just update my server to revision 25, and now whenever i add a superadmin ,including my self, as soon as i log out i lose my status as a super admin, i even checked the user.txt and im registered as a user, any help?  :-\

im using uclip and ulx explode as extra ulx mods on the server if that changes anything

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead

Offline JOE

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 04:00:47 PM »
Hi, I registered to post an issue i'm having with ULX mod, That i just recently encountered after the latest SVN update.

Since the newest ulx (SVN) update , Whenever i ragdoll a player, They stay ragdolled even if i try to !unragdoll them.

I was testing it on myself, I ragdolled myself, And !unragdoll would not work. I then typed "Kill" in console, Which respawned me like normal, But i was unable to use any other ULX commands, it would say "You are ragdolled!" and my player ragdoll did not dissapear, and was still in the same spot.

If it helps, This is the line of code i get in my console when i attempt to unragdoll myself.

Code: [Select]
ulx\modules/fun.lua:884: attempt to index field 'ragdoll' (a nil value)
This could just be me, i'm not sure, But i was not having these issues prior to applying the latest SVN update to my ULX/Ulib folders.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 04:47:23 PM by JOE »

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 09:52:07 PM »
Hi, I registered to post an issue i'm having with ULX mod, That i just recently encountered after the latest SVN update.

Since the newest ulx (SVN) update , Whenever i ragdoll a player, They stay ragdolled even if i try to !unragdoll them.

I was testing it on myself, I ragdolled myself, And !unragdoll would not work. I then typed "Kill" in console, Which respawned me like normal, But i was unable to use any other ULX commands, it would say "You are ragdolled!" and my player ragdoll did not dissapear, and was still in the same spot.

If it helps, This is the line of code i get in my console when i attempt to unragdoll myself.

ulx\modules/fun.lua:884: attempt to index field 'ragdoll' (a nil value)
This could just be me, i'm not sure, But i was not having these issues prior to applying the latest SVN update to my ULX/Ulib folders.

It wasn't just you. It should be fixed now. Thanks!

Offline [WCA]AIDS

• PlanetWCA Forums
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 05:32:45 PM »
Currently I am using ULX revision 27 and ULib revision 25 on both of my servers.
JamminR mentioned in another thread that Garry had broken the way Ulib initializes, and that does seem to be the problem.
I hope that this information can possibly help.

These are the error messages clients receive in their console:
Lua initialized (Lua 5.1)
RunConsoleCommand blocked - sent before player spawned (ulib_cl_loaded)
[ULIB] Loading SHARED module: ulx_init.lua
RunConsoleCommand blocked - sent before player spawned (ulib_cl_ulib_loaded)
Redownloading all lightmaps
Warning: Unhandled usermessage 'ulx_resetinfo'
Warning: Unhandled usermessage 'ulx_autocomplete'
Warning: Unhandled usermessage 'ulx_map'
Warning: Unhandled usermessage 'ULXMotdStart'
Warning: Unhandled usermessage 'ULXMotdText'
Warning: Unhandled usermessage 'ULXMotdEnd'
Warning: Unhandled usermessage 'SendMotdMenu'

Additionally the following is also returned:
ulx menu
[ULIB] Error, received invalid lua

There is probably more errors that I am unable to discover, currently I am unable to even launch GMod, and as such can only use what people tell me.

OT:
Hi Megiddo :)

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 06:49:07 PM »
WCA-Aids,
Do you use each server for the download host? Or do you use one server, totally separate, from the two game servers as your download server?
I've not seen anyone complain of initialization errors in quite a while, except for when the download server didn't contain the latest cached lua files (or the client couldn't download the cache (filtered/blocked)) for download.
Though yes it could have sprung up again, please make sure your download server has the latest cache created by either server running the latest SVNs.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 07:12:41 PM »
Currently I am using ULX revision 27 and ULib revision 25 on both of my servers.
JamminR mentioned in another thread that Garry had broken the way Ulib initializes, and that does seem to be the problem.
I hope that this information can possibly help.

These are the error messages clients receive in their console:
Lua initialized (Lua 5.1)
RunConsoleCommand blocked - sent before player spawned (ulib_cl_loaded)
[ULIB] Loading SHARED module: ulx_init.lua
RunConsoleCommand blocked - sent before player spawned (ulib_cl_ulib_loaded)
Redownloading all lightmaps
Warning: Unhandled usermessage 'ulx_resetinfo'
Warning: Unhandled usermessage 'ulx_autocomplete'
Warning: Unhandled usermessage 'ulx_map'
Warning: Unhandled usermessage 'ULXMotdStart'
Warning: Unhandled usermessage 'ULXMotdText'
Warning: Unhandled usermessage 'ULXMotdEnd'
Warning: Unhandled usermessage 'SendMotdMenu'

Additionally the following is also returned:
ulx menu
[ULIB] Error, received invalid lua

There is probably more errors that I am unable to discover, currently I am unable to even launch GMod, and as such can only use what people tell me.

OT:
Hi Megiddo :)

The symptoms sound the same as before we fixed garry's breakage in SVN. Please ensure that you are, in fact, running SVN. :)

Offline [WCA]AIDS

• PlanetWCA Forums
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 07:41:46 PM »
WCA-Aids,
Do you use each server for the download host? Or do you use one server, totally separate, from the two game servers as your download server?
I've not seen anyone complain of initialization errors in quite a while, except for when the download server didn't contain the latest cached lua files (or the client couldn't download the cache (filtered/blocked)) for download.
Though yes it could have sprung up again, please make sure your download server has the latest cache created by either server running the latest SVNs.
Clients download the files from the gameservers themselves, I do not employ a separate server handling file downloads, nor any type of FastDL. I am under the impression that the cached files are fresh, tho I may indeed be wrong. I will check now, but I can't guarantee any results, TC-Admin isn't my friend.

Edit: Yes, all cached files are fresh. So is everything else. (except for the gamemode files, but that is irrelevant.)

The symptoms sound the same as before we fixed garry's breakage in SVN. Please ensure that you are, in fact, running SVN. :)
I uploaded the newest revisions manually myself. As well as have issued multiple server restarts.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 07:54:15 PM by [WCA]AIDS »

Offline spbogie

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 06:56:33 AM »
Make sure there isn't an older version of ULib/ULX installed on the client that may be interfering with the updated one from the server. If that's not the case, try deleting the cache and letting the server rebuild it.

Any other information you can give about the servers is always helpful. Gamemode, other addons, etc... There's always the possibility of a conflict, and even if the information doesn't immediately point to something having it for the record if more reports come in makes it much easier to narrow down the source.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas A. Edison
I reject your reality and substitute my own. - Adam Savage

Offline [WCA]AIDS

• PlanetWCA Forums
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 04:30:58 PM »
-snip-

Somehow I fixed my issues.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 04:24:47 PM by [WCA]AIDS »

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2009, 09:58:39 AM »
Okay, now we got that user problem fixed... any other problems? :P

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2009, 08:56:52 PM »

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2009, 04:16:56 PM »
It's been over a week and no new reports, unless someone has complaints they want to make, I'm going to aim for release tonight or tomorrow.