Author Topic: 2 server.ini commands not working.  (Read 2706 times)

Offline NaRyan

2 server.ini commands not working.
« on: September 29, 2009, 10:59:53 AM »
ULib r92 & ULX r74

I have problems in my server.ini with the ulx addCsayAdvert & ulx addForcedDownload commands.
I have them set as:
ulx addCsayAdvert "***USING THE BALLS OF STEEL\Props Madness E2, WILL RESULT ON A PERM BAN ON THIS SERVER!!!***" 255 0 0 600 10
ulx addForcedDownload "sound/music/ian" 1
ulx addForcedDownload "sound/music/gzs" 1

However the advert does not show (it used too), and the forced downloads don't transfer (also used to work)
The 2 forced folders do exist on server, and the file does not exist on client side (I test using my other steam account, since it's handy to have a non admin\not everything installed GMOD install on another system)

Sorry if I have missed any changes to those commands but I could not find any :(
Thanks.

Offline atomicspark

Re: 2 server.ini commands not working.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 02:53:56 PM »
They haven't been updated yet (rewritten actually) to work with the new command system. These are the perils of using a developmental version of ULX. Might I suggest you use the official release or revert back to an older revision of SVN?

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 03:34:38 PM »
"JamminR, Megiddo, atomicspark, Kenny_ and 2 Guests are viewing this topic."
Wow.

Anyway, to find the revision number you could revert back to, find the post mentioning sweeping changes, look at its date, then use the SVN commit logs to find out the revisions before that date. :)

There may be an easier way, but I don't remember the revision numbers since Megiddo started rewriting
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline NaRyan

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 04:27:30 PM »
Ah cool, least it not my fault.. (makes a change...) :)
Meh the advert thing is not important.. after all what are Admin's for.
And the forced download is just 3 mp3's.. so no loss there.

Besides since Valve has mucked up L4D dedicated servers again, I'm having fun with that  ::)

Offline atomicspark

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 05:01:34 PM »
 You'll want to revert back to ULX revision 62 and ULib revision 87. The major changes were after that.