Author Topic: How do I enable scriptenforcer  (Read 4196 times)

Offline Psycho

How do I enable scriptenforcer
« on: June 28, 2011, 03:39:29 PM »
I tryed useing the command sv_scriptenforcer 1 but I don't think that enabled it pease someone help.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: How do I enable scriptenforcer
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 04:16:21 PM »
According to http://wiki.garrysmod.com/?title=ScriptEnforcer , you have to use it in your autoexec.cfg (and, one of the notes states it is buggy)
We get so few requests for support of script enforcer due to it's questionable consistency over the years, I'm not 100% sure we use AddCSLuaFile for all of our files, which that document states is required.

My team may will be able to chime in more.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 06:26:18 PM »
You have to use AddCSLuaFile for the content delivery system to work. I have no idea how script enforcer works these days, since it used to change every update.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 06:26:45 PM »
We've had more success with putting it in the command line parameters than in the config file. Also JamminR was correct. You will need to make sure you send the client all client based lua scripts you wish for them to be able to use as SE blocks all client lua not sent from the server.

It IS very buggy and should not be used as a end-all to hacking/exploiting. Nothing can ever replace the watchful eye of an administrator.